Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers Roadster Planning

schitzo

Suspended
Well, my good buddy Sloan would surely not let me down..

alas, in all honesty I think I need more than one night to um and ah over my order. All I know atm is that it's an Arcadia. So go ahead Handy, you've won this battle

Are you in for a Ventura?

EDIT, yes 14 lines that would probably keep you out of the doghouse for at least 14 years!! You can't put a monetary value on that

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
I am looking forward to your pictorial review already

Perhaps Don can show it to Alexanders and gain some inspiration for his roadster order, idk how, yet, but if there is a way for that to happen that would be my ideal scenario

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Well, you lost me a bit on the Ventura... ;)
Anyway, thanks to all who contributed to the case. As I really want a light jacket "grab-to-go" the goat might be the best. Originally I wanted the steer, but the goat seems much more useable.
Now the weather is where leather-jacket can be worn again in Germany and so I took my Pioneer (Kudu) out of the closet. I enjoy wearing it so much - would it not be that weird I'ld call it "I love it so much" (!!) - that I decided to put the order of the new jacket on hold. C'mon guys, two jackets is enough, isn't it? Plumbline? ;) Schitzo? ;) Well, but if, yes IF I get a THIRD jacket (Oh Lunacy! Distorted World!) it will be the Roadster in Black Goat.

My plan is for one button up and one zip.
The rest are going!
Don T, I think you will be very happy with that black goat.

Cooperson

One Too Many
That's something I never thought I'd read here of all places!

Break out the tar and feathers! Doesn't he know he has to have a short one, long one, heavy one, medium weight one, black, brown, zipped, buttoned, horse, steer, goat and kudu and that's just the half belts. Then there are the A-2 contracts for goodness sake! Get ordering :)

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Update: The Roadster is more or less gone from the list - nice jacket, though! - and I realized I want a Teamster in brown FQHH. No mods, only the two pockets inside, maybe a brown cotton drill, thats it. Beautiful jacket! ;)

walterwhyte

New in Town
Update: The Roadster is more or less gone from the list - nice jacket, though! - and I realized I want a Teamster in brown FQHH. No mods, only the two pockets inside, maybe a brown cotton drill, thats it. Beautiful jacket! ;)

Teamster ? I can't see the teamster on Alexander's site ? Do you have a link ?

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Teamster ? I can't see the teamster on Alexander's site ? Do you have a link ?

Aeroleather ;)

Point is, I recently started the LHB-season, wearing FQHH again. The Long-Halfbelt is well broken in now after 2.5 years and I realized how much I like the hide and the cut of the longer Aeroleather jackets. So my switch back to products from Galashiels.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Don't discount the Aero VDR ( Vest De Rallye) or the Alexanders Lavant .. both great jackets ( in fact today is a Black FQHH Lavant Day :D ) and perfect for the milder weather.

enjoy the search :) :)

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Hi PL, thanks for the input. Unfortunately there is just one thing I'm not too hot about with the LHB, and that are the flap-pockets. So both VdR and Lavant are out. ;) I'm pretty sure I'll order the Teamster, the only uncertainty is buttons or zip (if that's possible at all). I'll pull the trigger on Nov, 27th, to celebrate 1 year of non-smoking. Saved the funds for the jacket... ;)

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Now the waiting-time begins.;) I guess I open a dedicated "Teamster"-thread once it arrives here (should be around Jan to Feb 2015).

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aeroleather ;)

Point is, I recently started the LHB-season, wearing FQHH again. The Long-Halfbelt is well broken in now after 2.5 years and I realized how much I like the hide and the cut of the longer Aeroleather jackets. So my switch back to products from Galashiels.

+1

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've found that the patch pockets are one of the jacket's points of interest, espeicially when people see the slash pockets behind them. Also, I smoke "Roll-Your-Own" cigarettes that I carry in old-fashioned cases that fit perfectly into those pockets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy