Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Funny, when I was a kid, I used to stare in the windows jewellers' shops on George Street in Edinburgh and wonder why they were using commas instead of decimal points in their prices, until one day it clicked...:jaw::jaw::eusa_doh:

Graemsay

Practically Family
I was at an Iron Heart event in Gosport yesterday, and there were a few sample Alexander jackets on display.

Graeme%2520in%2520Alexander.jpg

This is a Detroit, I'm not sure what hide it is but I think it might be a lighter oil pull steerhide.

It's a nice jacket, very similar to an Aero, but somewhat lighter. Both companies are producing very similar products, and you can't really tell between them.

The fit is trimmer than an Aero, and the jacket was much softer than FQHH.

Alistar79

Familiar Face
I've been trying all week to contact alexander leathers about returning a memphis jacket thats a fit to small on me but they're not picking up the
phone. Anyone know if they are still shut for the easter break?

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
You had one of those too. I bought a very good Roadster from them but this Memphis was a dog. Contary to what they told me it was not a easy fit civilian A2 like an Aero fifties flight jacket which it looks like, but a sort of A2 cut with hand warmers and high small arm holes like an A2. It was baggy around the waist and too long and made of soft dress leather like a high class whore's mini skirt. But no way could I get my arms into the thing and actually function. I can never find an A 2 to fit so don't bother trying anymore which is why I made a point of asking whether it was cut like an A 2 or not. By the time I sent it back I was well out of pocket.

I can't believe they are still on holiday after this time though....

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
"soft dress leather like a high class whore's mini skirt." I'm alarmed at the fact that I know exactly what you mean...

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
I've been trying all week to contact alexander leathers about returning a memphis jacket thats a fit to small on me but they're not picking up the
phone. Anyone know if they are still shut for the easter break?

i was in touch with amanda last week and she told me they were closed this week. Will and brendan are there though.

Alistar79

Familiar Face
Took delivery of my memphis last week. Size 46 with 1.5 inch added to the body length, weight 2oz.
Its a perfect jacket for me top quality, well made, lots of pockets and at a great price.
Well pleased.

LeFonque

One of the Regulars
Took delivery of my memphis last week. Size 46 with 1.5 inch added to the body length, weight 2oz.
Its a perfect jacket for me top quality, well made, lots of pockets and at a great price.
Well pleased.

Great, just got my new jacket from Alexander leathers.

Glad you are well pleased.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My 3 pocket Roadster in Black Jerky Horse arrived today. Sadly its too small. I had asked for a size 40 with 20inch shoulders but it looks like I got a standard size 40 with 18 inch shoulders.

Amanda has gracefully offered to take it back and allow me to reorder or offer a full refund.

I'll probably go for a remake but might go for something different. I don't think the classic Roadster/Highwayman suits my body shape. Even though it was way too tight in the shoulders, it was pretty generous in the body.

Guess if anyone is after size 40 Roadster in Black Jerky Horse with really nice Blue tartan lining, I'd get in contact with Amanda.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I bought a jacket off their sale page a couple of months ago in black goat hide, which was very nice BTW. So as a customer I got an email today to say that they are clearing their sale jackets for £275 a pop. Don't know how many sizes they have left but they seem to have a few Nebraskas at £250 this week only though.

Must be excellent value for the money.

schitzo

Suspended
it's a crying shame they didn't make that roadster in European steer a 38 long. Or the one in black goatskin would have done nicely too.

Man, regular sized bastards get all the luck!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass