Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL ORIGINAL Irvin RAF type Jackets - Loving that Wolf in sheeps' clothing!

marc-joachim

New in Town
MARC...great wolf pack there!! The IRVIN AIR CHUTE advertisement you have there, any chance of a high resolution photo of it please?

might amuse you also paddy.

DSC_0036.jpg

my everyday bag: an original irving air chutes helmet bag in heavy cotton canvas found in a small military shop in Paris.
the also have the same in leather -gorgious!- with the same stamps. 220 euros (heavy cowhide in think).

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another one going well on 'the bay' ------i think i got mine just in time!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WW2-Irvin-Vin...Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item4aa7afc193

Sold for an OTT price (£1320), which is the highest I have seen a wired jacket fetch. The jacket in question is patched and well worn, but it's size that seems to count these days. Sadly the behaviour of those who pushed up the price of that huge mid war Irvin to nearly £2K have raised the bar so high putting larger Irvins out of reach of many collectors.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thankgoodness size was never an issue with me!! Jenkins...stop sniggering, you beastly little boy!! My average WWII Torso is great for Irvins, though I'm chuffed by what I have.

kowalski

Practically Family
1320gbp wery high price, but it's very good, I'm glad that my Irvin grows in value, after all I have a size i think l \ xl in wery, wery good condition

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1320gbp wery high price, but it's very good, I'm glad that my Irvin grows in value, after all I have a size i think l \ xl in wery, wery good condition

I'm glad you are pleased and I hope you get an appropriate price when you come to sell your jacket, but it is not good news for collectors hoping to build up their collection of Irvins.

Andyboy

New in Town
Very nice jacket Andrew and in such good condition! I think mine will possibly need a little restoring but I´ll figure this out when it has arrived..can´t wait to get it!
Hey Spitfire there´s another larger jacket for sale on ebay right now;-)
regards, Andreas!

Steven C P

New in Town
Price Madness !

I'm afraid it was me that sold the £1946 Irvin on Ebay. I had no idea that it would go that far and in fact it is not properly representative and quite anomalous. The bid history shows that 2 bidders were responsible for the price realised after approx £500. Two big chaps in different parts of Europe decided they were having it and the rest, as they say, is history. Believe it or not the quick fix cash I received in my opinion does not make up for the damage done to the market and my own collecting. Other "ropey" examples have been selling for far too much money in large sizes since. I hope the market will recover its sanity as there really isn't much of a shortage of poor examples even in quite large sizes. Ebay bidders now seem to think that anything over 46" is worth a fortune irrespective of condition. I actually discounted the item and the buyer paid me £1800 including the shipping that cost me around £50.
Sorry all and good hunting !
Steven.

miger

New in Town
It's not your fault Steven that two people were prepared to 'break the bank' so to speak to win the auction.Hopefully the underbidder for your jacket was successful in buying the other v.large jacket that sold shortly afterwards and normality will return to the market again.
It would be sad for members like Soren, who we know has been after one of the large size 8 original Irvin's for a while now, if prices for them remains high.

Last edited:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I was actually bidding on Stevens Irvin - but in the end it got too crazy for my wallet.
Did not bid on the other one either - but someday the right Irvin in the right size will come my way. And until that day, I enjoy my Aero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails