Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL ORIGINAL Irvin RAF type Jackets - Loving that Wolf in sheeps' clothing!

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As it happens Marc, I do recognise two of them! They look great displayed to show the constrast in the colour and patterns.

aswatland

I have not seen a higher price paid for an Irvin on ebay. It's a size 8 and two desperate bidders were after it pushing the price up to nearly £2K. Very large Irvins in decent, wearable condition are few and far between and even in the current economic climate there are people prepared to pay a considerable amount for such a jacket.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
An insane price but as Andrew says these very large size originals are rare but demand is high.

Still nearly 2,000 quid for an Irvin without famous providence is quite staggering.

You wouldn't want to be explaining that purchase to the missus :D

aswatland

It would appear to date from around 1941 and the main Lightning zip is most likely original to the jacket, but I can't see enough of the stitch lines to be sure.

free818

New in Town
http://militarianz.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=538&sid=8ff3033a907188e412f1fa36c6b1212e
file.php

aswatland

Yes it's another very large one! Usually wired jackets fetch less than conventional ones, but it's the size and date (c.1940) which are pushing the price over £900. BTW it's the work of IAC. The replaced zip and patch repairs IMO should have deterred such high biding. It does appear that the £1946 Irvin has inflated the price of larger ones.

aswatland

aswatland

Yes, there were large numbers of flying trousers available to make Irvins from 1943 onwards, and by using them necessitated the multi-panel construction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo