Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL REPRO R.A.F. Irvin type jackets

alsendk

A-List Customer
ha ha, I` ll tell him
Dit job som tekst forfatter fornægter sig ikke:D
Your job as text writer can not be denied

Last edited:

Otter

One Too Many
Hi Alsen,
The Series LR was a good car but tended to bounce you about a bit and was no use on the open road, especialy the 109 FFR which is what I drove in the services. I have a 90 Defender TD5 County, which will trundle through almost anything but will still sit hapily at 60 on the motorway.

alsendk

A-List Customer
Anyone from EU have an Irvin retro flying jacket for sale ?
a friend of mine has fallen in love with my ALC jacket, and wants one too.
It could of course be an ELC or Aero instead.
The size he will be needing will be about 42-
Give me a call if there should be one awailable here among you gents.
Allan

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Hi guys - just to let you all know that my AERO Irvin - size 50-52 is still up for sale. I have just lowered the price to £ 325,- plus postage. My new one is about to land at my doorstep - and I need the space. And the cash :)
C'mon guys - it's a bloody bargain! :)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Hi guys - just to let you all know that my AERO Irvin - size 50-52 is still up for sale. I have just lowered the price to £ 325,- plus postage. My new one is about to land at my doorstep - and I need the space. And the cash :)
C'mon guys - it's a bloody bargain! :)

Søren's Aero is a fantastic jacket and with the treatment he's given it looks the business. Any of the big gents after a great Irvin would be wise to jump at his for this price!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Tim. Yes it truly is a great jacket.
But I do not need two. I am not a collector - at least not of repro Irvins. And since I can only wear one at a time, it has to go.

At the mo there is a gent in the US of A, who's shown some interest. We'll just see what happens.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Come to think of the anecdote regarding The launch of Guinness in USA.

They ran their usual "Guinness is Good for You" campaign - but the results were meager, to say the least.

So finally the ad agency came up with a campaign saying: "Guinness is too good for you!"
With a few lines of copy stating, that if the americans did not even want to try Guinness - and if the sale not went up, they would withdraw Guinness from the American market.
That did the trick.

So: Bugger it!
"This Irvin is too good for you!"
It's not for sale anymore. I'll keep it.
And unlike Guinness - I mean it.

Cheers! :)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
My new Aces High Irvin is almost done now. Jon has kept me posted all the way, on the progress and now we are only waiting for some zippers to arrive, then it can be put together. Here are some of the resent pics of the finished collar. The back, front, belt and sleeves are all ready too. Only the zips are missing.
I am very delighted with the look of the wool - think it's spot on.
SrenCollar5.jpg

SrenCollar1.jpg

I would also like to mention, that it has been a great joy to have Jon working on this, He's extremely good at it and offers a great service and communication all the way.
I am ready for fall and winter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot