Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All those niggling questions...

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
All those niggling question you may have had about life in the Golden Era may now be answered!

Well, some of them at least...

In a stroke of utter genius, I just realised that two of the dozens of antique and vintage books that are staring me in the face as I sit at the computer are in fact The Concise Household Encyclopedia! Only took me a month or so of hanging about the Lounge to remember I owned it... :p

It appears to date from the mid- to late-30s, judging from pictures and information. From some of the photographs and one or two entries, I have a suspicion the Encyclopedia was released in the early 'teens, and my edition is an update/revision.

Do you have questions about the modern Anthracite Stove? Wondering about the correct Drill Exercises to ensure your children's health, vitality, and correct carriage? How to prepare Dripping? What is the best way to accessorise the modern hallway? All you ever wanted to know about the medicinal benefits of Castor Oil - and more! :D

I'm happy to look things up for people, if they ask nicely. [angel] ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner