Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

The hat looks fantastic. Has the BlackCherry gone back to something like the original colour?

I'm stepping out on a limb and saying it is a combination of pounce and felt luring process. I didn't see anything in this beaver Winchester body that was different than a few i did last year. Its not a very forgiving color to work with either. It takes a lot of fineness....a close eye on what is going on...as the case in general on the dark felt.

Lets do another and compare. Who wishes to take on a new lid??

Harv after seeing my hat here on this thread I am getting excited to see yours too. I believe you are now at the top of the queue. Mind sharing any of the details of what you plan on Tim making for you?

By the way, tracking says my hat arrives this Wednesday! So pictures on Thursday!!!
Hey Kevin! Top of the queue, indeed. Yeah, I am excited to see yours on your head. I think it was a good call to go with the silver binding thread and windcord. Makes it pop!
I am going with a basic vintage style OR. 5 3/4 + crown, 2 7/8 - 3" bound brim, and matching wind cord. Haven't decided on the bash yet, but I like the one Tim did on yours. More to follow!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Kevin, aka: ChicagoWayVito..... here's your finished hat brother, looks yummy.......hope you like it.
ouxdvc.jpg
ouxdvc.jpg
ouxdvc.jpg
A splendid hat and very interesting phots, but is the hat to make beautiful the picture
Bravo!

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Hey Kevin! Top of the queue, indeed. Yeah, I am excited to see yours on your head. I think it was a good call to go with the silver binding thread and windcord. Makes it pop!
I am going with a basic vintage style OR. 5 3/4 + crown, 2 7/8 - 3" bound brim, and matching wind cord. Haven't decided on the bash yet, but I like the one Tim did on yours. More to follow!

Soon Harv, soon...the head shots will be coming. Delivery is currently holding for tomorrow, hopefully I don't get stuck at work and miss the pickup from the mailbox. I like the specs on your lid so far. The brim on mine is 3 inches. I expect I'll be seeing some Instagram posts of your hat in progress soon. It will be an exciting time.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Kevin, aka: ChicagoWayVito..... here's your finished hat brother, looks yummy.......hope you like it.
ouxdvc.jpg
ouxdvc.jpg
ouxdvc.jpg
nqyakp.jpg
wtuoap.jpg
28vgfv9.jpg
245gck5.jpg

Looks like some time was placed into this hat body to bring out some color and feeling of the felt itself! Very nice indeed. Wow. Choices and hats...hats and choices. Nice to see something so nice as it may just help feed the "hat bug" bite! Nice work and of course, someone knows how to take killer pictures!

Looks like some time was placed into this hat body to bring out some color and feeling of the felt itself! Very nice indeed. Wow. Choices and hats...hats and choices. Nice to see something so nice as it may just help feed the "hat bug" bite! Nice work and of course, someone knows how to take killer pictures!

Thanks for stopping by and looking. I appreciate that of you. Thank you.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
nothing makes me more happy as a member of this forum than when I see members who are hatters appreciating the work of other hatter members ... just so wonderful !!!

seeing Tim in the Gannon thread
seeing Esther in this thread .... etc

just brings a smile to my face

beautiful hat

nothing makes me more happy as a member of this forum than when I see members who are hatters appreciating the work of other hatter members ... just so wonderful !!!

beautiful hat

Thanks for those words. There is something unique about us all. I think its time for these kinds of general acknowledgements to be made. It is good for us all to respect each others talents and encourage. Thanks Moon. Thanks Esther.....thank everyone who supports what we do.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Thanks for those words. There is something unique about us all. I think its time for these kinds of general acknowledgements to be made. It is good for us all to respect each others talents and encourage. Thanks Moon. Thanks Esther.....thank everyone who supports what we do.

I hope to join the fantastic group of vendors that we have on here someday. Working on getting my tools as we speak.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

beautiful hat
Amen to that statement! How true! I have my Husband sitting reading and looking at this thread right now! He is super impressed. So now we have a "three hat" line up in the works! A hat from Gannon, a hat for me from Esther ( a purple hat only us girls would wear) will be after that and another one from here, as that black cherry hat is just screaming to be worn with some of the darker colored clothing Daniel has.

It is so sweet to see Loungers sharing the love...yes indeed!

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Post 1

Ok, my hat has arrived and WOW! The hand on this hat is butter soft, if feels like crushed velvet. It really is fantastic.
If there are anyone one Lounge that has yet to get a hat made by Tim, please do consider getting one soon. If you have one already, why not get another one :) I didn't know Tim before this purchase and he does great work and he is great to work with on all the details for your hat.

Specs:
Blocked Height: 5 3/4 inches
Rake, Front to Back: 4 7/8 - 3 3/8
Brim: 3 inches
Brim Edge: Bound
Ribbon: 3/8 inch Plum color both bow and edge
Wind Trolley: Silver/Pewter
Quality: 100% Beaver
Color: Black Cherry

Unboxing
IMAG0605a.jpg
IMAG0606.jpg
IMAG0607.jpg
IMAG0608.jpg
IMAG0609.jpg
IMAG0610.jpg
IMAG0611.jpg
IMAG0612.jpg

This makes the hat extra special.
IMAG0625.jpg

Also signed and dated
IMAG0626.jpg

Head shots to be in my next post!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Post 1

Ok, my hat has arrived and WOW! The hand on this hat is butter soft, if feels like crushed velvet. It really is fantastic.
If there are anyone one Lounge that has yet to get a hat made by Tim, please do consider getting one soon. If you have one already, why not get another one :) I didn't know Tim before this purchase and he does great work and he is great to work with on all the details for your hat.

Specs:
Blocked Height: 5 3/4 inches
Rake, Front to Back: 4 7/8 - 3 3/8
Brim: 3 inches
Brim Edge: Bound
Ribbon: 3/8 inch Plum color both bow and edge
Wind Trolley: Silver/Pewter
Quality: 100% Beaver
Color: Black Cherry

Unboxing
View attachment 53108
View attachment 53109
View attachment 53110
View attachment 53111
View attachment 53112
View attachment 53113
View attachment 53114
View attachment 53115

This makes the hat extra special.
View attachment 53116

Also signed and dated
View attachment 53117

Head shots to be in my next post!
Fantastic. One thing now we can see, the other pictures (professional looking) of this hat in the black cherry sort of brings out some of the color tone a bit but now, seeing it from your pictures and that we can see the same color tones proves the beauty is not just due to great camera work, (nothing wrong with that but) it shows the real color of the hat is what we are looking at. Great review also on how the hat feels. We are sure sold on wanting one and it is in our hat line up budget now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy