Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alpha CWU-45/P

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
I just bought a CWU-45/P Alpha Nomex jacket on Ebay. It has the Alpha tag/logo, and is advertised as new, never worn, having been stored in a closet for some time.
The seller claims it was military issue, and the original owner gave it to the current Ebay seller.

The bid was $99. These sell on Alpha's website for $900 (crazy, huh?).

Does the military nomex jacket come with the Alpha tag and logo?

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I haven't seen a moderator on this forum for ages, but on the off chance someone is around, could they please add this question to the big nomex thread we already have? Here's the link: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/nomex-flyer-jacket.75006/page-10#post-2183920.

Alpha has not been the official contractor for a number of years, but I have no doubt they still make their jackets to military specs. As for the price, it's aimed at civilians. But the price the USAF pays is still several hundred dollars. These are not cheap jackets. I bet the USAF would love to replace their nomex with something cheaper, but for safety they can't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats