Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Altering Sweaters...

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
PrettySquareGal said:
Thanks! Now I want to start wearing vintage sweaters more often! I like that I was able to meet the former owner. She and her husband were very sweet people. I let her know they are going to a good home.

The sweater is lovely! You said earlier that you didn't wear vintage clothing. Well, everyone starts someplace!

epr25

Practically Family
I would say that fits. I have been on a jaunt of wearing higher waisted Pendleton skirts. These babies are high so if you are looking for something to go with it I would say check one of these out. Even if you need to get a new one they really haven't changed style that much.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
That's a really pretty sweater, great holiday colours! I think that it fits you fine, it really has that sweater-girl look.
Great find:)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Another male perspective

The sweater looks, how can I put this discreetly, va va voom!
I'll bet a pair of those 1940's vintage ski pants would look cool with it. They were sort of loose fitting, and yet flattering at the same time.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I agree with the ladies.

That is a normal fit for a vintage sweater and it looks faboo on you!

And if you DON'T want to collect vintage, you are in the wrong forum! lol

Good luck with your searching --

Vintage Betty

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Betty said:
Yes, I agree with the ladies.

That is a normal fit for a vintage sweater and it looks faboo on you!

And if you DON'T want to collect vintage, you are in the wrong forum! lol

Good luck with your searching --

Vintage Betty

Thanks!

(I do collect a lot of vintage items other than clothes, and live my life in many vintage ways, I just don't dress vintage. ;) )

pretty faythe

One Too Many
It doesn't even really look snug or very short to me even with your arms up a bit to take the photo [huh] Very purty....wish I could find a purty sweater like than in my size......grrr.....((((waiting for more pounds to melt off impatiently)))

Kim_B

Practically Family
rubyredlocks said:
Epr25-What is and where would you find a new Pendleton skirt?

Sorry - I'm not epr25, but Pendleton is a lovely brand of clothing, mainly known for plaids and wool garments. They are still in business today, actually...there are lots of them for sale on eBay, and you can find similar styles in modern stores like Kohls and JCPennys. Lovely skirts - longer and come in a myraid of colors - I'm partial to the plaid myself :) The true pendleton items are rather pricey if purchased from their website...

www.pendleton-usa.com

Here is an example from their site...
41488_NAVM_DT.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL