Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Altering Trousers

BrandonCarlson

New in Town
I have some pants that I would prefer them to have a wider leg. I noticed there is fabric on the seams inside that looks like I can open the seams and sew it back together creating a larger diameter leg. I don't have any experience in tailoring, and I am wondering if this is possible by making the legs and seat larger to create a fuller cut trousers.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I have some pants that I would prefer them to have a wider leg. I noticed there is fabric on the seams inside that looks like I can open the seams and sew it back together creating a larger diameter leg. I don't have any experience in tailoring, and I am wondering if this is possible by making the legs and seat larger to create a fuller cut trousers.

I think it will depend on the cut of the trousers. However, I had a pair of trousers that were recently altered in exactly the manner you describe by a local alterations 'tailor' that I use sometimes. It was a success and only cost £10. I think it would be safer to get a professional to have a look at them. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner