Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Always Coca-Cola? Ain't Nothin' Like The Real Thing!

Elaina

One Too Many
I bought Mexican coke for years and years, when I was getting it 3 for $1. Now it's 79 cents a pop. American coke, conversely, is 2/$1 bought singly. (Cases vary. Mexican sodas used to be $1.50 a six pack compared to $2.99).

As people get more and more interested in it, the prices will skyrocket and eventually be twice the price the American version, and the jobs will be gone too.

Dr Pepper...is there anything else BUT Dublin?

Elaina

Wild Root

Gone Home
Harp said:
Diet Coke. A third less calories than their regular beer, and it
tastes great.lol

Diet Coke is the devil among us... there have been tests conducted on the sweetener that is used in "Diet" sodas... it's pretty much poison... it wont ad weight but, it will kill you... it's better to enjoy a cane sugar soda on occasion then drink Diet... trust me, the studies don't lie.;)

Water; your body will thank you!

=WR=

Nashoba

One Too Many
magnetoFor folks in California said:
Sigh. I miss that. When we were stationed in California I used to buy Strauss Milk. I loved it, it was so much better! I havn't found it's equivelent here in Tennessee yet. Which makes me sad. I loved that milk...

Nashoba

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
Up until two years ago, the local bottler restocked the Coke machine (the kind where you opened the door and pulled out the bottle you wanted) in my parents home with glass bottled Coke and Grape Fanta and Orange Crush and the Sprite (I think it was Sprite) with the dimpled green glass. It was the taller bottles, not the 1950's 'stubby' or modern 'nostalgia' Coke size.

I was so disappointed to find, on my last visit, that old machine was replaced with a new one stocked with cans! I miss my freshly bottled Cokes. It always tastes better from a glass bottle.

Terry Lennox

Suspended
Nashoba said:
Sigh. I miss that. When we were stationed in California I used to buy Strauss Milk. I loved it, it was so much better! I havn't found it's equivelent here in Tennessee yet. Which makes me sad. I loved that milk...

Nashoba

I bet if you looked around you could find a dairy farmer that be happy to keep you stocked...

Somewhere in the garage...

Are two six packs I inherited when my grandparents passed away in the 1980's that they had had for some time. One is a six pack of Coke in the glass bottles that actually lists cocaine on the list of ingredients. The other is a six-pack of glass bottled Pepsi from 1976 in all of it's bicentennial finery...I need to find those!

PR

Nashoba

One Too Many
Terry Lennox said:
I bet if you looked around you could find a dairy farmer that be happy to keep you stocked...

I probably could....I should do that. There are quite a few farms in the area, but most of them are angus beef cattle farms and not dairy farms...I'll have to do some digging around....
Nash

Nashoba

One Too Many
Alas, I cannot buy it from the farm, in TN that's illegal. And I can't find any sources on the internet :( I'll have to keep searching. Maybe I'll take a trip into the city and see what Wild Oats has. If anyone is going to have milk in the bottle a health food store might....which means it's going to be ridiculously expensive...man do I miss the commissary..they had everything!
Nash

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Don't like fizzy stuff, but it's the actual taste I think is filthy. You know when you are somewhere, dying of thirst and Coke is the only thing there to drink? I mean, there isn't even water to be had. Then, I always think, 'How bad can it be?' try it, remember and end up spitting it out. Nasty.

I liked Fanta best when I was a youngster but you'd have to force it down my neck now!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Same here Miss Sis, didn't really like most fizzy drinks when I was a kid, although ginger beer's not bad if it's hot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ