Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Amazing Dresses

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
Oh my, those gowns are incredible, amazing, superb!!! Did you just acquire them? Wowza, I'm amazed.

:eek:
Heeaaaaaaaaavens no! Perhaps in my dreams, and even then only in the wildest ones, I should think!lol These are from a site that sells museum quality vintage, with I think lowest price being being $600 for a parasol, or something similar! I wouldn't be surprised if the dresses I posted had gone for several thousand dollars, so that is way out of my budget. That's what makes it all the more painful. To see such perfect creations, and have them so far out of reach. :(
Here are two from the same site from the 1920's, which I would absolutely die for:
1451x.jpg

c347xx.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
Oh, I know what site they've come from! I'm thinking about buying a gown from her. Thanks, Lady Stardust - they are absolutely luscious. I'm so glad that some sites maintain a gallery section so we can see these amazing creations after they've gone to new homes.

Mojito

One Too Many
vintagetextile.com - the Gallery is amazing!

antiquedress.com also has a museum section, with some incredible gowns they've sold.

Glad you like the avatar! I've had that parasol for 20 years now, since I was a kiddie and bought it in Thailand - amazing to think I finally found a use for it.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Here are some from ebay auctions long ended, that I've kept on my list because I like to go back and look at how beautiful they are/were, every once in awhile! :)
77498.JPG

One of my favorite colors, I think this one is sumptuous! From the 1950's.
j1RedBeadedRays40sDrs(A)-4.jpg

Gorgeous 1940's evening dress!
blue2.JPG

Absolutely magnificent Edwardian piece! :)
a5CobaltShrSqnNkln40sDrs-3.jpg

Totally movie star worthy! I can see this strutting down the red carpet! :) :eusa_clap
5db5_12_sb.JPG

Wonderful Edwardian piece! :)

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
1360x.jpg

My jaw literally dropped when I saw this picture!

*goes off to cry in a corner out of sheer depression at not having pretty things*

LadyStardust

Practically Family
More from the bay!

This one ended up going for $800 to some very lucky person!
74gown1.jpg

74gown4.jpg

And Adelaidey, I know the feeling all to well. It's miserable being taunted!:( :p

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
LadyStardust said:
18606520court20dress20vlg0.jpg

Oh.
My.
Gooooooosh.

I think I -literally- heard my heart break when I saw this dress!

That is so incredibly gorgeous.....don't you just wish you could live life like a princess and get into something like that everyday.....just for breakfast?lol

Shearer

Practically Family
Wow.

I would have loved to have seen that dress when it was brand spankin' new... and the event it was worn for. That must have been something!

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
texasgirl said:
I have been watching this dress on ebay. I thought it would be fun to wear after my wedding, kind of a going-away dress. I never bid on it, the bidding went high just from the beginning. It ended up going for $510!!!! I thought it was just gorgeous, but I just can't imagine paying that much for a dress. I thought it would be fun to post some pictures of dresses that are just beyond the normal. Does anyone else have any dresses/shoes/hats etc. that they would have loved to have?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-50s-Cei...0QQihZ020QQcategoryZ48868QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dress1-2.jpg

dress2-1.jpg

dress3.jpg

That dress is breathtaking. It almost makes you think twice about forking up $510. Oh wait, I don't own that much to my name. But oh golly gee, that dress is beautiful!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
for London ladies, the 'designer vintage' shop Steinberg and Tolkien is closing down, complete with closing down sale, so some dream dresses could come a bit closer to our price ranges... though to be honest, it's unlikely to meet my budget even so!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart