Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

amusing safety garment photo

Trickeration

Practically Family
Auction's over, so now I'll post the pic. Sorry about the posting blunder.

Anyway, I stumbled on this while poking around ebay last night. I was familiar with some of the things women did for safety such as wearing snoods or bandanas to keep hair out of machinery, or straps at the ankles to keep pant legs secured, but this was a new one on me. The box says it is "Vital Protection For Women In Industry" . Interesting. Trix
bra5ff.jpg

bra22fr.jpg

Naama

Practically Family
°_0 ugh.................. looks rather disgusting, and not very comfortable........

Naama

Trickeration

Practically Family
Matt Deckard suggested them for paintball ;) . I kind of wondered where you would have purchased them (I'd guess a catalog). It looks like the box says they're a size medium. Seems to me that small, medium and large would be rather limiting, and uncomfortable.

I agree with Naama, though, they look uncomfortable anyway.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Trickeration said:
Auction's over, so now I'll post the pic.

Trickeration, THANK GOODNESS you didn't post the pic while the auction was on! I was worried that hordes of ladies around here would go into a bidding frenzy over this most attractive and practical garment. Now that the auction's over, I can breathe easily.

(You know I'm pulling your leg, right? ;) :) You did the right thing.)

Trickeration

Practically Family
Marc, I know just what you mean. Such an essential part of a ladies vintage wardrobe, and only one to be had. The girls all needed an equal opportunity to bid on it. :)

Seriously, though, there were 8 bidders and the auction closed at $73.76.

It's pretty cool that there are two fencers here. My son says he'd like to try it sometime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy