Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Akubra update

RockyR

New in Town
Sharing some info about Akubra and stock/selections from chats with those 'in the know'.

Over the next month or so stock is supposed to be back to the pre-COVID era (although it is unclear what will happen to styles and colour selection now Twiggy Forrest has the conn). The Fed IV has been out for some time with limited sizing... but that's about to change.

Also, The Hattery (Katoomba) will apparently be adding a new style of hat... an Irish walking hat (similar to one that is worn by a certain someone, with a certain accent, in a certain film involving a certain crusade and a certain chalice).

Happy hatting (if that's a thing...?)

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Sharing some info about Akubra and stock/selections from chats with those 'in the know'.

Over the next month or so stock is supposed to be back to the pre-COVID era (although it is unclear what will happen to styles and colour selection now Twiggy Forrest has the conn). The Fed IV has been out for some time with limited sizing... but that's about to change.

Also, The Hattery (Katoomba) will apparently be adding a new style of hat... an Irish walking hat (similar to one that is worn by a certain someone, with a certain accent, in a certain film involving a certain crusade and a certain chalice).

Happy hatting (if that's a thing...?)
I could write a RUSH song out of this

Last edited:
Sharing some info about Akubra and stock/selections from chats with those 'in the know'...Also, The Hattery (Katoomba) will apparently be adding a new style of hat... an Irish walking hat (similar to one that is worn by a certain someone, with a certain accent, in a certain film involving a certain crusade and a certain chalice)...

So, probably wool rather than rabbit fur or hare, which might keep the price down a bit...or not... Not that I need one, but it could come in handy now that we're getting rain again in California. ;)

Who?

Practically Family
So, probably wool rather than rabbit fur or hare, which might keep the price down a bit...or not... Not that I need one, but it could come in handy now that we're getting rain again in California. ;)
My personal feeling (and I hope I don’t get dog-piled) is “if you want a cheap hat, buy wool, but be aware that all you get is a cheap hat.“

Fur felt is arguably the best material for hats for temperate climates ever devised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner