Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ancestor hat pics

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Merci Pablo!

Not sure if Ernie was a hunter or not but his brother, my great-grandad, was. Though he I've never seen him with a fedora on though... Just those outdoors "Jones" style hats. But he was a rugged looked man:

389448534.jpg

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Welcome, Chasseur. Now for that second photo you posted, thar's the navy for ye! BTW, those pictures are really, really nice, good saturation, contrast...they weren't taken in Hawaii though, I reckon?

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Thanks again!

They were taken at the end of WWII when my granddad hot back home, and was visiting my great-grandad. So they have to be somewhere in the Pacific-Northwest, probably Washington state, since great-grandad was a logger in the 1930s-40s.

frussell

One Too Many
Forgive me the first hatless photo, but I've always liked the look on Clara Bow's face. With my grandfather in Palm Springs. Before you ask, she was there with her husband, and I never asked for any more details.
clarabowfmb_0004.jpg

Taken from a book my aunt made after his funeral, the ONLY photo I've ever seen of him in something other than a cowboy hat or Sombrero:
FMBfedora_0003.jpg

Dressed up in his fanciest gear at the time:
fmbnavyhelmetbabies_0004.jpg

In the Navy, WWII, South Pacific:
fmbnavyhelmetbabies_0005.jpg

The gal he left waiting in the States, my grandmother Janice in her Desert Circus Queen photo:
FMBfedora_0001.jpg

Later in years, with his friend Ronnie, having a refreshment on the trail:
FMBfedora_0002.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Wow! To be in a photo with Clara Bow and to have her eyeing your grandfather - he must have been one cool character.
Thanks for sharing those.

frussell

One Too Many
Thanks for all the kind comments. He was a lot of fun right up until he died three months after turning 99. Still rode his horse until two months before his death. I was lucky to spend a lot of time with him. He gave me my first high-quality Stetson cowboy hat before I turned three. Unfortunately, the only size we shared in common was boots, so no hat hand-me-downs, but I wear his old cowboy boots often. Frank

Amelia

New in Town
I tried to upload a picture of my great grandfather from 1930 but it wouldn't up load But he was 7ft 2, full blood Seminole Indian that wore a Lincoln top hat over his knee length hair. He lived to be a 107 and always wore that same hat he got when he got married. He was sight to behold, a man of great style and class :)

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
Forgive me the first hatless photo, but I've always liked the look on Clara Bow's face. With my grandfather in Palm Springs. Before you ask, she was there with her husband, and I never asked for any more details.
clarabowfmb_0004.jpg

Wow, Clara Bow! That is really something right there!
That picture is worth a thousand love letters!
Thanks for sharing Frussell.

RBH

Bartender
As you can tell I have just come into some old family photos!

My grandparents from the 50's I believe.

brock00.jpg

Here is my great aunt and uncle,Annie Dodd Owen and R.A. Owen from the '30's.

46183748.jpg

Another from the '50's.

96442684.jpg

And one of my great uncle next to his corn crop from '55.

owenga.jpg

jwalls

Vendor
Family%252520John7.jpg

4 generations The gentleman with the hat is my great grandfather who live until the little guy was 23 years old and never left the house with out a hat. I still miss him every day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch