Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Andykev was right !!

Imahomer

Practically Family
LOL At first glance it looks like a pile of poop with a feather! Hey when it comes to hats, Andy and Art are the guys I would go to. But, you know what? I think even little ole me could figure out that this wasn't a fedora!!! :)

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I just say this on my daily search. I'll have to order some felt patches from our hatter Mr Art asap.

There are several of smallish "dots" on the hat (like dimples) that are the beginnings of moth holes-but they are NOT all the way thru the hat, 2 smallish holes near the narrow ribbon band in front, and 1 larger hole, also along the hat band in the rear. (Moths?) You should be able to cover these defects with a wider hat band, or a felt patch.LOL LOL

Originally posted by SHARPETOYS
I just say this on my daily search. I'll have to order some felt patches from our hatter Mr Art asap.

There are several of smallish "dots" on the hat (like dimples) that are the beginnings of moth holes-but they are NOT all the way thru the hat, 2 smallish holes near the narrow ribbon band in front, and 1 larger hole, also along the hat band in the rear. (Moths?) You should be able to cover these defects with a wider hat band, or a felt patch.LOL LOL

While you are at it, could you order some felt patches for my newest fedora aquisition. It is a 1950s vintage and 7X beaver. The link is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8110740887&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1 . LOL

Regards to all,

J

Re: For the true fedora lover

Originally posted by rayk
For any of you guys that just love that classic fedora style, here is one that you may consider adding to your collection:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14065&item=8111478452&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

What a beauty. Unfortunately it is not my size. LOL
I am currently plotting to bid on these two beauties:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14065&item=8111835900&rd=1 .
They are both ex-hollywood hats. The gray one is from The Beverly Hillbilles and the brown one is from Crocodile Dundee. LOL
Seriously the holey one would make a nice garden hat. :D I am going to bid on it. :cool2:

Regards to all,

J

rayk

Familiar Face
Originally posted by jamespowers

What a beauty. Unfortunately it is not my size.
I am currently plotting to bid on these two beauties:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...8111835900&rd=1 .
They are both ex-hollywood hats. The gray one is from The Beverly Hillbilles and the brown one is from Crocodile Dundee.
Seriously the holey one would make a nice garden hat. I am going to bid on it.

Send the holey one to Art, he will just love ya forever LOL LOL
No one could ever tell you that it didn't have character.

Originally posted by rayk
Send the holey one to Art, he will just love ya forever LOL LOL
No one could ever tell you that it didn't have character.

Nope, I want the holey on just like it is. it will make me look like I am really killing myself around the yard and the neighbors will love me for it. LOL LOL It already has sweat stains and all the traipsings of hard work about it. :cool:
Art would probably want to kill me. He has enough projects with David. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Michael Mallory

One of the Regulars
That thing looks like somebody put a shamrock on a hedgehog. I've even seen old derbies for sale labeled "fedora." The eBay definition of fedora seems to be "anything with a band." Outside of the costumer for the old Pinky Lee Show, I'm not sure who would actually buy it.

Originally posted by Michael Mallory
That thing looks like somebody put a shamrock on a hedgehog. I've even seen old derbies for sale labeled "fedora." The eBay definition of fedora seems to be "anything with a band." Outside of the costumer for the old Pinky Lee Show, I'm not sure who would actually buy it.

A shamrock on a hedgehog! Now why didn't I think of that. LOL LOL
I love it what a sense of humor!

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran