Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ann Miller

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Proof?

annmiller.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I sat front and center for a performance of Sugar Babies (circa 1980) starring Ms. Miller and Mickey Rooney. She was pushing 60, yet dancing up a storm. Mickey, on the other hand, looked like he was going to have a coronary.

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
...and how-zers. I just watched her this morning on TCM in "Eve Knew Her Apples" from 1945.

Hondo

One Too Many
To be honest not a big dance/film fan but as I grow older, watch more films I've never seen, it begins to grow on you, like Fred & Ginger, Gene Kelly, I can't recall another who could dance like her, (and all she probably had was a cup of coffee) she was so beautiful, a world wind with legs! Amazing her style, wit to boot, she and a great many others are sadly missed, which further makes for getting lost into TCM, or the late 1930's or 1940's films.
Thanks to all for remembering her ;)

kpreed said:
Yes, she was great! I really miss her and her style.

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
yowzers alert

**bump**

TCM is showing Ann in "Eve Knew Her Apples" again Saturday April 12 @ 3am PT. I was sorry I didn't record it last time.

Followed by Ann in the rare wartime comedy/musical "Reveille with Beverly," a picture that - or at least one of Ann's scanty costumes in it- inspired some WWII nose art:
47b8da29b3127cceb71ff5ae39ac00000026100JZOG7Zm1Yo

...and rounding out the mini Miller-fest, "Private Screenings: Ann Miller"

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
HadleyH said:
Here she is in"Kiss Me Kate"..... what a fantastic tap dancer she was!!:eusa_clap :D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FrucjnR2F4c&feature=related
Ann Miller is probably best known for her sizzling tap dancing,
but she could also be quite graceful on the dance floor.

Here's the more elegant and romantic Ann.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yFqFMxIeeU0
2.gif

Makes me want to pop into the screen and switch places with her partner.
But with my two left feet, I'd be stepping all over her toes.

Avalon

A-List Customer
I admit she's not one of my favorites, but definitely an amazing dancer, and I enjoyed "Reveille with Beverly" quite a bit. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner