Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Annalena Bearbock's cafe racer jacket

beckster

New in Town
Can anyone ID the manufacturer? It seems to fit well and I assume it is a fashion brand and not a piece of hard core gear. Also does anyone know if she rides a motorcycle like Yanis Y?
iu.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's most likely a pleather jacket, given who it is.

What fits one person might not fit another, but if what you're getting at is the way it seems quite close and drapey, you could definitely accomplish that with a nice lambskin cafe racer. It'll drape in a way that horsehides, cowhides, even sheepskins will not.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Can anyone ID the manufacturer? It seems to fit well and I assume it is a fashion brand and not a piece of hard core gear. Also does anyone know if she rides a motorcycle like Yanis Y?
View attachment 408229
i somehow thinks it is leather, lambskin of some sort, there is horizontal seam midway the body, if it would be pleather it won't have this extra complication since the material is cheaper than the cost of sewing extra panels

Aloysius

i somehow thinks it is leather, lambskin of some sort, there is horizontal seam midway the body, if it would be pleather it won't have this extra complication since the material is cheaper than the cost of sewing extra panels

I have seen complications on cheap pleather jackets before, probably fused.

I cannot imagine German Green politicians wearing leather but I could be wrong.

beckster

New in Town
I have seen complications on cheap pleather jackets before, probably fused.

I cannot imagine German Green politicians wearing leather but I could be wrong.
Interesting to me leather is natural and renewable it seems green to me. Maybe not animal friendly but green. Hmmm then there is that animal methane issue? Is leather green is of interest to me.

Aloysius

Interesting to me leather is natural and renewable it seems green to me. Maybe not animal friendly but green. Hmmm then there is that animal methane issue? Is leather green is of interest to me.

Thats the hilarious thing to me about pleather as a virtue signal. Leather is recycling, especially cow leather. Even if you are a staunch vegetarian and oppose the consumption of meat, leather is downstream from that. It doesn’t drive the demand for meat, it merely recycles the hides instead of letting them become a waste product. Let alone making a non biodegradable plastic alternative in addition to the waste.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
There is also that "cruelty-free" thing....Lots of boundary conditions on what a "virtuous" person should wear.

beckster

New in Town
I would like to virtue signal but really don't get it. Back when things were really green everyone worked on the farm and no one burned any fossil fuel. Modernity seems like an orgy of fossil fuel consumption. How green is a windmill or a solar cell if you look at the fossil fuel inputs into their creation. I like leather and loden wool for outer garments, cotton and merino are nice next the skin, I am green right? The Amish are green for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto