Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another 1st Purchase

newhatguy

New in Town
Well I am now the owner of my first hat....purchased off of E-Bay(some of you may have looked at it)....It is a mid grayish Pilgrim teardrop crown 2 1/2 inch brim w/a thin gray ribbon(Open Road-like) and the same ribbon as edging on the brim...the crown is 4 3/8 in the front and 4 1/8 in the back.

Now the problems.....3 very small moth divots on the underside of brim,a cedary-sweaty-cigary smell, and not sure the style works for me. The main problem is it looks all crown or looks too big....was wondering if that is because of the thin ribbon? Or what type of style of crown would be narrower looking?

Sorry don't have the ability to post pictures as yet.Appreciate the feedback.

newhatguy

Molorom

Familiar Face
well

You could send that to someone to reblock and it would come back looking like an entire diffrent hat, and it probably would take the smell away, as i know steve uses woolite when he reblocks, cant speak of others though. A new ribbon could also transform the hat. Depending on what you have them do they can range from 10-40$.
Adam

newhatguy

New in Town
Molorom...read your post regarding your ebay puchase and looks like a similiar problem...I guess I have learned by my 1st experience not to overpay for a vintage because you might have to factor in $50-$60 for cleaning,reblocking,and shipping. Live and Learn :(

Just also wanted to "bump this up". to get some feedback on my problem/question regarding crown style.

newhatguy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic