Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Morrison Fedora!

Lawman

One of the Regulars
Guys, this is really strange. I wrote recently regarding a vintage, and exquisitely made, white fedora made by "Morrison Hats". No one here had apparently heard of them. On the Internet I found a single reference to Morrison Hats: a single fedora among hundreds of hats in someone's vintage fedora collection that was up for auction.

On Sunday I was strolling through another local antique shop and found another fedora by Morrison Hats. Also very well made, but not my size, and somewhat moth ravaged.

I'm really surprised that, given the collective expertise on this forum, that no one has heard of this outfit. Could it be an old local or North Carolina firm, I wonder?

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Morrison Hats

Lawman, the fact you found another in the same geographic area makes me wonder if this was a house brand for a clothing store called "Morrison's"" somewhere in the Carolinas (???) Maybe a stretch.

Soldi Citizen [huh]

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You might be running into the same problem I'm running into on my Stafford Club Hat thread.

It seems no one has heard of the brand, but at least I know the manufacturer. My guess is what Solid says, you're probably dealing with a house brand. If it's a vintage hat, there could be a chance the shop closed in the 40's or 50's like many of the local hat/suit shops in my area. You might start your research there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass