Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Work of Art -- Trackside Philly-style

MG-B

New in Town
One of the real pleasures of working with Art is asking him to design a hat that only exists in your head (not on your head). I discussed with Art the ideas I had for a new hat for my birthday in September and somehow he sorted it all out and came out with something really special. I wanted something similar to the light blue color of Paul Newman's hat in "The Sting". But, to make it worse, I was thinking I often mix shades of brown or tan with blue and was wondering how a brown ribbon would work with the powder blue hat body. (I confess, mixing brown and blue still sounds wrong to me and I know it works!) I was certain that I wanted the style of Art's "Trackside" for the design.

Anyway, Art takes in all this confusing info with his usual good humor and produces the hat that's now in my avatar. Below I've attached a few self-photos taken with cell phone as I've worn my Philly-Style Trackside with different sportcoats this week. It turns out to be a much more flexible color than I expected. I apologize for the poor quality of pictures, but I still haven't posted pictures of the custom panama hat from last summer! Hopefully, I'll get caught up soon.

If you like this combination, please give all credit to Art. If you don't, the blame is strictly mine. Regardless, the experience of working with Art on a custom hat is always a pleasure. Thanks Art!

(If the photos don't appear below, please use the link to flickr. Over time, I'll post additional hat photos.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14720427@N02/page1/

philly1.jpg

philly3.jpg

philly4.jpg

luvthatlulu

Suspended
I don't like it.

Please send it to me for proper disposal. By the way, is it a 7 1/2? If so, please ship Fedex ASAP.

Kidding, of course. Nice lid!!!

--Not the Lulu

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Now that is a very different look; yet it works very well! Congrats to you and Art for creating a new color combination. I think it goes very well with your sport coats! :eusa_clap

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I think Art tried to describe this one to me recently, although you may not be the only person trying to combine blue and brown...

Anyway, I like it. It's also nice to see the light blue felt on somebody's noggin!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
besdor said:
From your picture , it looks as if you are wearing the hat backeards. The bow seems to be on the wrong side of the hat. Is that a picture of you in a reflection ?

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

That appears to be the case; take a look at the buttons on his jacket.

Nice looking lid.

MG-B

New in Town
Only experimented with the colors, not the bow

Yes, these are quick "self-pix" taken in the mirror with the cell phone. I decided to opt for speed over quality. Nice observation about the location of the bow and the buttons. They are in their "correct" locations, it's the mirror.

I appreciate all the good comments. The credit really goes to Art, he picked shades of brown that he liked then sent some photos to me and I selected his favorite (always a good idea). He did the same when he designed my new golf hat this summer. It is truly a pleasure to work with Art. Also, at his suggestion, the hat was left unlined and the felt is like butter, it is so smooth. Really a great change of pace!

carter

I'll Lock Up
MG-B, A very versitile color combination as evidenced by your photos. Another great hat from the ARTist.
Wonderful. :eusa_clap

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you for the post MG-B..It looks great on you!!
As MGB wrote, I wasn't too keen on the color combo's until I started playing with ribbons and realized it would work but only with the right tones of brown. Now..it's one of my favorites. good job MG!!

S

Samsa

Art continues to impress me, and I've been ogling his hats for over a year now. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

duggap

Banned
Samsa, just loosen up those purse strings and go for it. I just got one from Art last week and I just placed an order for two more today. They can become very additive. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy