Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Cigar Afficionados Out There?

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
I do enjoy a good cigar!

Fuente Hemingway Signature 6 X 47
Ashton Cabinet Belicoso 5 1/4 X 52
Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur #3 (maduro) 6 X 48

CUBAN:
El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme 5 X 48

RedPop4

One Too Many
I am SO indecisive, that I don't have a one favorite brand right now.

Lately, over the past two years, I've been gravitating toward smaller sized cigars. The non-Cuban manufacturers are just beginning to realize that this is occurring. It seems that demand in the American market is still calling for girthy smokes, 54-60 ring guage. This was all the rage two or three years ago, and there are still quite a few like that still around and being introduced.

However, over the same period of time, I've been enjoying coronas, Lonsdales, petit coronas, and even tres petit corona sized cigars more, with an occasional robusto or longer cigar, especially if someone is giving me a nice one to smoke right then.

Some brands of note I've been enjoying over the past year include
Rocky Patel Sun Grown
Padilla 8/11
Carlos Toraño Exodus 1959 and Signature Series
Perdomo Edición de Silvio (although it's quite expensive, the ones I had were gifts.)
Tatuaje--this is a boutique brand out of Miami, they're pricey, too, but they have a couple less expensive lines. These are made by a gentleman named Don Pepin Garcia, and the cigars with his name are good too. These are all fairly stout cigars though. If you're accustomed to Avo, Don Diego, Macanudo or CAO Gold, these will hit you hard.
I haven't had a Padron in a while, although I really enjoy the "1000 Series" with a nod to the 5000.

Last night for my actual 40th birthday, my buddy gave me a Partagás corona (Habano); for the surprise party a couple weeks ago he have me a Juan Loez #1 (Habano). The Juan Lopez has been a sleeper brand out of Havana for a couple years, now, I enjoy them immensely, especially the #2 which is a Dalia (Cuban for robusto sized.) The #1 is a bit longer and thinner.

Punch Punch is a fantastic cigar, I've had a few of these lately, as well as Punch Super Coronas and one other size, which are, in fact, almost identical in size, being super coronas or corona majors. The Royal Selection #12 and Super Selection #2 are also similar in size, and they all seem to have my number. I could ALMOST live on Punch (Habanos) if I had to choose only one brand to take on the deserted island with me.

The H. Upmann Magnum 46 is excellent as is the newer brand the San Cristobal de la Habana, especially the smaller sizes in their line.

As for good bargain cigars I like
Perdomo Fresco....I got a robusto in this line last week for $2.35. The toro size was only $2.65
Mayorga at $35 a box
The Flor de Oliva bundles are great cigars priced really nicely, under $30 a bundle.
Consuegra are "seconds" from the Villazon factory (these are seconds of the Honduran Punch, Hoyo de Monterrey, Belinda, El Rey del Mundo)
The Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte line has boxes as low as $35
Padron are in the process of changing their boxes, making them larger than the standard 25. The new boxes will hold either 26 or 30 cigars. Thus the box of 26 Padron Londres, a corona size, will cost you only $55 at most online vendors. That's a bargain for a Padron.

The Honduran Punch or Hoyo de Monterrey Rothschilds come in a box of 50 and if you look around online, you can find that box for $95. This is a bargain, that's less than $2 per cigar for a premium, hand-rolled, well-regarded brand.

JR sells a Perdomo-rolled cigar called 1958 Pre-Embargo Genuine Counterfeit Cuban Cigars, the "Gourmet" a little perfecto, comes in a cedar box of 50 for just $89 That price hasn't changed in five years. And it's a pretty good little cigar. I still have remnants of a box I purchased this time in 2001 and they're just lovely.

That's what I have right now, just off the top of my head.
Long ashes, my friends.

Jack Traeger

New in Town
Great mid range smoke

Puros Indios, about a 50 ring gauge, medium bodied, very smooth. Their
seconds, Rolando Reyes, are great for the golf course. A little more money
gets you a Macanudo Robust, outstanding.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Last night, following one of the most frustrating days in my recent memory, I had the pleasure of smoking an AVO Domaine #10 while driving back home from a business trip. WOW...what a nice cigar! It single-handedly salvaged an otherwise ruined day. :)

RedPop4

One Too Many
For our gentle readers who may not know all the lingo and abbreviations ;)
JDN=Joya de Nicaragua
La Luna Nat = La Luna Natural Fuerte (a boutique brand out of Miami)
PAN=Padron Anniversario Natural
PAM=Padron Anniversario Maduro
PSD4=Partagas Serie D #4
VSG=Virgin Sun Grown--type of wrapper leaf refers to an offering from Ashton.

Recently, I've been smoking the Perdomo Lot 23, another nice cigar, which starts off spicy/peppery then levels off. It's their new mid-range priced offering, with all tobacco grown in the same field "Lot 23."

warbird

One Too Many
Mr Maltby said:
CAO made a killer, nice, full bodied smoke for the Sporanos which was a limited edition that I would love to find again.

The Sopranos line is not limited edition and can still be found at numerous online sources. Whether it will be offered after the show has ended isn't yet clear.

warbird

One Too Many
RedPop4 said:
Lately, over the past two years, I've been gravitating toward smaller sized cigars. The non-Cuban manufacturers are just beginning to realize that this is occurring. It seems that demand in the American market is still calling for girthy smokes, 54-60 ring guage. This was all the rage two or three years ago, and there are still quite a few like that still around and being introduced.

However, over the same period of time, I've been enjoying coronas, Lonsdales, petit coronas, and even tres petit corona sized cigars more, with an occasional robusto or longer cigar, especially if someone is giving me a nice one to smoke right then.

Some brands of note I've been enjoying over the past year include
Rocky Patel Sun Grown
Padilla 8/11
Carlos Tora?±o Exodus 1959 and Signature Series
Perdomo Edici??n de Silvio (although it's quite expensive, the ones I had were gifts.)
Tatuaje--this is a boutique brand out of Miami, they're pricey, too, but they have a couple less expensive lines. These are made by a gentleman named Don Pepin Garcia, and the cigars with his name are good too. These are all fairly stout cigars though. If you're accustomed to Avo, Don Diego, Macanudo or CAO Gold, these will hit you hard.
I haven't had a Padron in a while, although I really enjoy the "1000 Series" with a nod to the 5000.

Last night for my actual 40th birthday, my buddy gave me a Partag?°s corona (Habano); for the surprise party a couple weeks ago he have me a Juan Loez #1 (Habano). The Juan Lopez has been a sleeper brand out of Havana for a couple years, now, I enjoy them immensely, especially the #2 which is a Dalia (Cuban for robusto sized.) The #1 is a bit longer and thinner.

Punch Punch is a fantastic cigar, I've had a few of these lately, as well as Punch Super Coronas and one other size, which are, in fact, almost identical in size, being super coronas or corona majors. The Royal Selection #12 and Super Selection #2 are also similar in size, and they all seem to have my number. I could ALMOST live on Punch (Habanos) if I had to choose only one brand to take on the deserted island with me.

The H. Upmann Magnum 46 is excellent as is the newer brand the San Cristobal de la Habana, especially the smaller sizes in their line.

As for good bargain cigars I like
Perdomo Fresco....I got a robusto in this line last week for $2.35. The toro size was only $2.65
Mayorga at $35 a box
The Flor de Oliva bundles are great cigars priced really nicely, under $30 a bundle.
Consuegra are "seconds" from the Villazon factory (these are seconds of the Honduran Punch, Hoyo de Monterrey, Belinda, El Rey del Mundo)
The Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte line has boxes as low as $35
Padron are in the process of changing their boxes, making them larger than the standard 25. The new boxes will hold either 26 or 30 cigars. Thus the box of 26 Padron Londres, a corona size, will cost you only $55 at most online vendors. That's a bargain for a Padron.

The Honduran Punch or Hoyo de Monterrey Rothschilds come in a box of 50 and if you look around online, you can find that box for $95. This is a bargain, that's less than $2 per cigar for a premium, hand-rolled, well-regarded brand.

JR sells a Perdomo-rolled cigar called 1958 Pre-Embargo Genuine Counterfeit Cuban Cigars, the "Gourmet" a little perfecto, comes in a cedar box of 50 for just $89 That price hasn't changed in five years. And it's a pretty good little cigar. I still have remnants of a box I purchased this time in 2001 and they're just lovely.

That's what I have right now, just off the top of my head.
Long ashes, my friends.

Pretty much everything Tommy said. Our cigar tastes are pretty much the same, both in vitolas and size and shape preferences.

'Cept I agree with Jon and I think Tommy does too, no more Pepin products. They will not get my money.

zeus36

A-List Customer
La Gloria Cubana Torpedeo ( I still have the box listing them at $2.35 each!)

Fuente Gran Reserva ( I can get these on a remote military site at near wholesale)

Those are my fall back cigars, I usually will try a new cigar each visit to the shop.
I like the larger ring sizes for the draw and lean towards Maduro. I started trying cigars around 1978, but prefer pipes.

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
Well I have a Gurka and a Cohiba sitting at home waiting but recently I have found a small time label Black Pearls very tasty

mikepara

Practically Family
Mmmmn Dipped out?

I've never been a smoker, but always fancied trying Cigars as they appear more sophisticated somehow. However it seems pointless starting now that smoking in public has been banned in Scotland, Ireland and Wales with England joining in soon. Drat.
Moral of story? Do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

Well, I just don't get a chance that often but find i like Nicarauguan cigars alot.

I like Conneticut Shade Wrappers and anything Corojo, then the Maduros.

Those Puros indios and the Cuba Aliados from Renaldo Reyes are good.

Ashton Double Magnums

Partegas had done a run called Cifuentes with the Jember binder, those were good.

I like JR Cigar, Mikes and Two Guys for ordering boxes.

Best regards!

ferryengr

One of the Regulars
When I was a wee tad, my grandparents had a business distributing and wholesaling a number of products including cigars and pipe tobacco. To keep the cigars fresh, they kept a walk-in humiidor. When school was out for summer, on hot days I'd climb up on a shelf and nap in the cool, aromatic humidor. Although my memories are a good forty years old now, the smell of the tobacco in a good cigar still takes me back to those days.

I currently have the following in my much smaller humidor now:

Cohiba, Cuba
Romeo & Julieta Cedros Deluxe No. 3, Cuba
A Fuente Gran Reserva, ???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21