Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any exotic hide experts?

dr greg

One Too Many
Picked up these very nice Larry's on the bay, but the seller didn't know exactly what skin it is, the ridge seems to rule out snake, some local lizard perhaps?
Wwyje.jpg
2pHat.jpg

and while we're at it, any ideas on these? Gila?

ynitD.jpg

Last edited:

foggy16

New in Town
yeah first pair is likely a lizard.

Second pair (Lucchese right??) might be bull frog, I have never seen it in person but that is the first thing that comes to mind

dr greg

One Too Many
yeah first pair is likely a lizard.

Second pair (Lucchese right??) might be bull frog, I have never seen it in person but that is the first thing that comes to mind
Nope another pair of Larry's, Frog?, wow we have toadskin wallets and stuff here but it ain't shoe grade!
Have a couple of pairs of Lucchese's, a damn fine boot, my deerskin pair is fantastic to wear but the nap is REALLY weak.....

foggy16

New in Town
I have a pair of vintage Tony Lamas that I am pretty sure are whale, It took me forever to find someone that had any clue what kind of hide they were. I asked leather experts, exotic experts, went to the Dimlight board (cowboy boot board). and finally came to a boot maker that knew what it was simply from me describing it. I was super happy to finally find out even if it means that I have no idea how to sell them now since they are likely on the endangered species list now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR