Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any experience with THE HAT PEOPLE?

Carnacki25

New in Town
Anyone have any experience with this custom hat site:

www.hatpeople.com

They have kind of an ominous name (it reminds me of Pod People for some reason, don't know why), but the site looks great, and the prices are really nice. I have been looking for a slimmer cut newsboy, for when the weather gets colder. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Matt

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Look for The Cap Faction thread. It's full of their caps and the lady from Hat People often posts there.
They have lots of customers from The Lounge.

T Rick

Practically Family
Anyone have any experience with this custom hat site:

www.hatpeople.com

They have kind of an ominous name (it reminds me of Pod People for some reason, don't know why), but the site looks great, and the prices are really nice. I have been looking for a slimmer cut newsboy, for when the weather gets colder. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Matt
I bought one of their hats. When if got here, it was glowing. The next day, it hatched, and the day after, I had a nearly full grown alien hiding in the basement...

Okay, seriously. They were a Sponsor here on the site for a period late last year. I've just received my second hat from them, a Newsboy in Green, Brown & Black as shown on their site. It's the extra full cut, and I like it a lot! My first was just a month or so ago, and is a natural Linen Newsboy (or Gatsby) in full cut.

I've not yet posted the new one, I need to photograph it (and about 6 other hats!) and get it (them) posted here somewhere.

I think the Hat People make a great product at a great price, and are very good to deal with. Voting with my dollars, I do plan to buy at least one or two more from them in the next year. They ship your hat via USPS Priority Mail (fee included in the price of the hat!), and you get it somewhere around 2 weeks after ordering. Count me a happy Customer.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:

Carnacki25

New in Town
Looks great. Thanks for all the help and the info. Kind of makes me want to watch Cat People again (not the David Bowie themed one). I'd love to see the Green, Brown, Black one, that was the fabric I was most interested in. Thanks again, you are very helpful people.

T Rick

Practically Family
As I said, I am a bit behind :D. But I will try to post it up tomorrow. For the record, I understand their website is in error, they call it a tweed, but I understand the Manuf. of the fabric actually calls the GB&B a "Birdseye". It's very nice, and is a big seller for them (Member Adnamira has a YouTube review of the hat, along with him wearing it while playing his music, all linked near the end of The Cap Faction thread-yes, it's a longish thread currently at 76 pages with default settings).

ETA: Neo, if you get the chance, please go ahead and post it regardless of whether anyone beats you to it, ALWAYS great to see alternate perspectives from multiple owners! I forgot you had that one.

T Rick

Practically Family
Okay, here's a few pics of mine (Green, Brown & Black in Extra Full). More to be posted in the Cap Faction and New Hats threads soon. Neophyte, post yours too please!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Keep in mind that the drape of these will change as it breaks in. And I like pulling much of the excess off to one side (didn't do that in this pic). You can wear them a few different ways really. A cool cap, I like this one a lot (also really like my Linen Hat Peoples Cap).

Carnacki25

New in Town
That hat looks great T Rick. I am definitely going to choose that material. That is a pretty funky lining as well. I am thinking of a deep cut, I kind of like the really low profile look. Thanks for the photos.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alright, sorry for the delay. Here's my green/brown/black Hat People cap. It's a full cut. I love the liner in this cap. The cap is a joy to wear...in fact, I just got done ordering another one (the black with grey highlights)!

And yes, I AM just hanging out on the roof taking these pics.

Cap1.jpg

Cap2.jpg

Cap3.jpg

Cap4.jpg

Carnacki25

New in Town
Looks nice. The black w/ grey is my other choice. I'll be on the look out for pictures of that too. Thanks .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24