Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any first-hand knowledge of 2plus2 or M444 jackets?

Naphtali

Practically Family
Bomber-length leather jackets are inadequate where I live. Cirrus (left) makes a 3/4-length jacket, the 2plus2. Flight Jacket makes a M444, also apparently 3/4 length. I have not seen either jacket. I know no one who owns either jacket. And jackets are ungodly expensive. Anyone have first-hand knowledge of either jacket?

Cirrus_2plus2.jpg
flight_jacket_m444front.jpg

John Lever

One Too Many
I had a W+G m444 size 42 that was just slightly too small for me. It had the wrong type of collar as do all the low end repro's discussed . It lacked the Trapunto [?] double thickness stitched collar as seen in Irvins and others. This makes the collar floppy and look bad. It was no longer than a B3, so a car type jacket may be better.

John Lever

One Too Many
Fletch said:
With all the $200 B-3 knockoffs out there, can we really say $800 is low end? A US-A M-444 will run you that much.
Sorry that was insensitive of me. What I meant was that for 100 % accuracy you may need to spend a little bit more cash. The $750 versions are not true to original construction. I haven't seen a US Authentic jacket so I don't know if they have the correct collar construction with the double thickness leather. The zip may be a Clix paper clip type and they may have the same thickness fleece over the whole jacket, and lack satin pocket lining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner