Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Idea on Date for This Dobbs Hat Box?

100_3496.jpg

100_3494.jpg

100_3493.jpg

100_3495.jpg

The imagery looks 20's.....but when did they do this box? Doubtfully 20s, but I can't really figure when. Its beat up, taped in a few places, leather strap cracked & came off (still have it though).

It came with a wonderful estate I actually have documented quite a bit about on my blog, <a href=http://www.myspace.com/dorotheascloset>HERE</a>

For kicks, here is a fabulous picture of Bob & Jean in the early 40s, & then their parents (thought you might like the hats), near their wedding day in the late 20s.

100_4948.jpg

100_5943.jpg

Nice to have somewhere to share that stuff, and ask about it, where its hopefully appreciated! Anyway, the hat box was Bob's....would love to know more about it. The hatboxes in here are getting out of control & I need to find homes for some. Thanks so much! Ang

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I don't know. I have a late 40's resistol that came to me in that same kind of box. How heavy's the cardboard?
mine's thin like regular hatbox stuff, but I've seen ones that are super thick, almost like a fiberboard.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Those box's while pretty are relatively common. I have one that is in pristine shape and gave less than $10.00 for it.

Correction:
I forgot it included this Stetson Vogue and a Mallory for $15.00 total

MVC-427F.jpg

MVC-432F.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_4714.jpg

for something like 20 bucks at an antique shop.
(I bought it because it had a very nice resistol that fit me in it). stangely enough the price was for the hatbox, with the hat included, not the other way around.

Mine doesn't have any belt though.

Yeah, I won't be looking for big $$ on it, its pretty beat up. I bet it was pretty cool when the leather strap was decent. I also have a REALLY tall Lee one, and maybe another Dobbs. I just don't know how to date them, and keeping them around is getting ridiculous. Any idea what I'd say for dating? Thanks!! Ang

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart