Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any ladies still sporting a pixie cut?

MissHannah

One Too Many
Oh thanks both of you. I feel a bit 'normal' at the moment, but I know I'll get used to it!

I used black & white wax and then a bit of hairspray - but I do have a natural kink there too.

Got a better pic now too:

4815563763_e6c66d9903.jpg

Octavia

Familiar Face
I love pixie cuts. They give me serious hair envy. Alas, it's not something I think I could pull off with my face shape and hair type.

MissHannah, yours is gorgeous! So sharp and sleek, yet the wave in the front softens it. I can tell it will look good even as it begins to grow out.

Not vintage, but I have to mention I love Emma Watson's recent pixie. Very becoming.

8782_a4f2941c5c08440839f00bb7bf9614d8.jpg

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I had hair down below my shoulders and have cut it off to above my chin 3 times, then let it grow back out. This time though I have the urge to take the chin length and chop it even shorter, to a shaggy pixie cut. Unfortunately I'm not the most feminine looking female. lol Unless the makeup is caked on, and I'm a plump pear shape and I'm just afraid that I'll A: look like a cute boy B: look really heavy.

Any opinions of plumper gals rocking the pixie?

olive bleu

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
Went and got it all chopped off last night. The audrey fringe had to go as it made me look too normal!

Horrible photos so far:

4814735525_fb06a35525.jpg

4814735463_2516e8782e.jpg

I have never seen a 'Horrible" picture of you MissHannah, and these are no exception..you look terrific:)

I have had a pixie cut many times, i love the feel of it. But, really my hair is just too curly and when the humidity hits..not a pretty sight.

SheBear74

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Oh thanks both of you. I feel a bit 'normal' at the moment, but I know I'll get used to it!

I used black & white wax and then a bit of hairspray - but I do have a natural kink there too.

Love it!

lframe

One of the Regulars
Mine is not much longer than Miss Hannah's and I find that I can still do a good bit with it. Need to photograph when it's fixed, but I am in the middle of a color transformation and so everyone will have to wait another 5 weeks.

Pin curls are fun with my hair at this length.

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
Went and got it all chopped off last night. The audrey fringe had to go as it made me look too normal!
Miss Hannah, you are a unique individual, your new haircut looks gorgeous!
I secomd your lovely eyebrows....how do you get them just so?

MissHannah

One Too Many
Thanks all - especially for the eyebrow comments :)

I have naturally very dark, almost black, brows that are quite thick. I pluck them to a tidy shape and then I have a few ways of drawing them: For a really defined artificial 'Dovima' style look I use an eyeliner pen - this gives me a sharp line and a dense black allowing me to get real points at either end. For a chunky Audrey/Liz Taylor look I use black pencil and for a softer, quicker work day look I use black eyeshadow and an angled brush.

4415445556_2839f98ca7_z.jpg

Dovima and Audrey

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
Used to have a pixie cut, now I have an undercut and a quiff, trying to grow the top enough to be able to curl it. :)

I adore short hair and find it suits me best, and so much easier than blow drying my long hair every day!

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
lframe said:
Mine is not much longer than Miss Hannah's and I find that I can still do a good bit with it. Need to photograph when it's fixed, but I am in the middle of a color transformation and so everyone will have to wait another 5 weeks.

Pin curls are fun with my hair at this length.

Oh please do. I love seeing all the short hair inspiration. I get discouraged most days because I just don't know what to do with it!

I've gotten rollers in my hair but not pincurls. Maybe mine's shorter than yours though (About 2 1/2 in. all over). The pincurl ends just don't tuck under.

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
I am so annoyed with Emma Watson for her overall cuteness! I got almost the exact same cut a week before she got/posted/whatevered hers, and now I keep getting asked if I got the style because of her!

All that being said, I might bring her pic and one of Jean Seberg when it's time for a trim... I got a lot more Audrey comments from the current cut - which of course is never a bad thing!

melancholy baby

New in Town
My hat's off to you Miss Hannah

I am now inspired to play around with my short crop for a more vintage look. (I thought I had to wait for a vintage look while growing it out).
I found a great PDF book while looking around about 40's hairstyles too.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B5qXpaJqURobOTA1ZjM3OTItZTI1ZS00MjljLTk1YTctMGQxNGU2Nzg0Mjdl&hl=en[/URL]

melancholy baby

New in Town
Pixie to page boy

I sport a pixie I cut myself but am tired of it so hope to grow it into a pageboy. We'll see . I might end up having a shingle.
Have any of you ladies ever used a wave iron on your locks?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Had a pixie cut in fifth grade! What a horrible school picture I had that year- yikes:eek:. Have had very short hair many times in various forms over the years, even like Emma Watson's current cut. It was fun for showing off pretty earrings, and it was good for keeping the focus on my face, not on my hair- like it did for Audrey in Sabrina and Roman Holiday. One time long, long ago I was getting my hair cut particularly short and told the hair cutter I was concerned that if it was so short I'd be afraid I'd look like a lesbian or a boy- and he said to me "Honey, no matter how short you cut your hair, nobody's going to mistake you for a boy." Unfortunately (sigh) I DO not have Audrey's thick, wavy hair. The perfect short haircut for me with my kind of hair - baby fine and pretty much stick straight- that I wore for many years was the Dorothy Hamill (the Olympic ice skater) cut- straight with bangs and a little bit of a duck tail in the back.

At this age, (almost 52), a highly dramatic super short cut doesn't suit my current style. I've matured and evolved into more the classic (as in femininely tailored) and romantic type in look for the past several years- akin to ala' Helen Mirren.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Wow Miss Hannah, love the new color and cut on you, I especially love your new avatar pic showing the back and sides. Terrific!:)

MissHannah said:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner