Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any new christmas hats on the way?

pgoat

One Too Many
Art Fawcett said:
Get ready for a surprise Pgoat...I've been working long hours & finished your hat last night. The old eyes are a bit blurry so pay no attention to that ribbon detail..:D
Merry Christmas!!

:eusa_clap WHOO-HOO!!!!!:eusa_clap

I just saw this - what a nice surprise! This must be my reward for putting a nice old hat I had that was too small up for sale (and believe me, it wasn't easy making that decision! It was wearable, just a bit small, and never really looked right). My final rationale (with copious pushing from the wife) was - out with the bad, in with the good! The bad being the too small hats and the good being a nice new Savoy (beautifully custom made for my egg head) from Vintage Silhouettes!

Naturally in keeping with this OP's thread I will slap the box right under the tree after it arrives......and proceed to gaze dreamily at it every night till the 25th!:D

Thanks Art!! You made my day/year!

pgoat

One Too Many
budward said:
I presently have nothing on the way but have been buttering up the wife for the possibility that "Santa" may bring daddy something about the size of a hat box. ;)
Bud

Gulp....yeah, I neglected to share the 'good' part with my wife......she'll be surprised to see that big ol' box under the tree......

Then again, while putting up my old hats for sale tonight, I finally convinced her to sell an old pair of fine riding boots I had custom made for her when we first were dating. She rode for her college team and was wearing very modest boots. She loved horses so much I thought she should have boots as nice as any of her teammates so I discreetly ordered her a pair of Dehners. Well, after years of running and working out those boots - which are made rather second-skin tight - haven't fit her in a long long time. She never sold them because of the sentimental value - our first Christmas together and all that. But I finally reasoned with her - sell the old ones and I'll buy you a new pair so you can ride again, someting she hasn't done in years but I know she wants to.

No way I can get her the new boots in time this holiday (I don't think Dehner are as dedicated as Art ;) ) but at least that might soften the blow when she sees me opening 'my' gift.

budward

One of the Regulars
pgoat said:
Gulp....yeah, I neglected to share the 'good' part with my wife......she'll be surprised to see that big ol' box under the tree......

No way I can get her the new boots in time this holiday (I don't think Dehner are as dedicated as Art ;) ) but at least that might soften the blow when she sees me opening 'my' gift.

I think you ought to blame it on Santa. lol

duggap

Banned
indycop said:
Don't get me started! I have told her I am tired of Florida and there is a Mayo branch in Mn.! Although I really want to end up in Tennessee! :eusa_doh:
Maybe a road trip next year!!:rolleyes:

Mall of the Americas! I can hear deelovely now!
Indycop, I hear the city of Chattanooga is hiring.:)

Snazzy

New in Town
Hey everybody. New guy here :)
I've actually got my first "real" fedora on the way for Christmas. A carbon grey Akubra Federation, which I've heard is a great hat. Up to now I've just had one of the "official" Indiana Jones fedoras. Yeah, I know it's sad ;)
Can't wait to get it and join the ranks of the rest of you fine people :)

RBH

Bartender
Snazzy said:
Hey everybody. New guy here :)
I've actually got my first "real" fedora on the way for Christmas. A carbon grey Akubra Federation, which I've heard is a great hat. Up to now I've just had one of the "official" Indiana Jones fedoras. Yeah, I know it's sad ;)
Can't wait to get it and join the ranks of the rest of you fine people :)
Glad to have ya Snazzy!!!
I look forward to seeing the gret Federation, the Federations are great fedoras! you did well in choosing an Akubra.

MG-B

New in Town
Holiday Art Work

I have received notification that my new custom work of Art is on the way! I think this one is moss green, but there was some question from the initial photos! :) I haven't seen the finished product yet, but knowing Art, this new gem will have me grinning beyond the holidays and throughout the year.

I'll post photos once it arrives.

Best wishes for the Holidays and the New Year to all!

MG

cooncatbob

Practically Family
MG-B said:
I have received notification that my new custom work of Art is on the way! I think this one is moss green, but there was some question from the initial photos! :) I haven't seen the finished product yet, but knowing Art, this new gem will have me grinning beyond the holidays and throughout the year.

MG

No fair, Dee won't let Indycop open his hat till Christmas and I'm saving mine too, so you should show solidarity and not open yours till Christmas. :p
Bob.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
MG-B said:

MG
YOU MUST POST PICS OF THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The next one for me from Art I really want in that color!!:D

pgoat

One Too Many
cooncatbob said:
No fair, Dee won't let Indycop open his hat till Christmas and I'm saving mine too, so you should show solidarity and not open yours till Christmas. :p
Bob.

I'm not opening my VS till the 25th either......even tho i bought it for myself.

does that make me a sadist, a masochist - or both?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
pgoat said:
I'm not opening my VS till the 25th either......even tho i bought it for myself.

does that make me a sadist, a masochist - or both?
HHmmnn I don't know since you are doing it voluntarily.lol But I imagine somewhere in betwen Christmas Dinner on the 25th there is going to an onslaught of "Vintage Silhouettes" on here!!lol lol :eusa_clap
We have the Memphis Mafia but on Christmas day we will have the Art Alliance!

pgoat

One Too Many
My New VS arrived tonight...and I am weakening already.

My wife recognized the company name (I bought another hat from Art last year) so the jig is up anyway....maybe I'll cave and open it over the weekend......:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo