Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any one have an extra mouton collar?

strokes1251

Practically Family
or synthetic collar that would fit this model? I have the exact same jacket but minus the brand name as there is no label anywhere except for a size written in red ink in the inner jacket pocket. I already contacted Cal leathers but They are charging more than I actually paid for the jacket.. :x anyways if you guys know of any place I can get one cheaper or If you guys have extras ones laying around that you don't use and wont mind getting rid of.. lemme know! thanks :)

o7rh92.gif

Edward

Bartender
I'd hazard a guess the jacket is 1980s, but beyond that... Without a brand name and model, it'd be next to impossible to find a collar that will fit unless you have one custom made. It' a safe bet it came with one originally, and that's the sort of part that gets lost or discarded (not many people care for them, especially on this style of jacket), so it's just possible there might be one floating about. That is assuming of course that they did do one for it originally. There was a period when Scott made the Perfecto 618 with the studs for such a collar for full "vintage look", but didn't offer the collar for sale, even with the jacket.

Now there's a thought.... if you know somewhere that stocks Schotts, it might be worth seeing if you can try one of their collars on. Might not fit (I have a notion they only have one stud at the back, though studs can always be added assuming space), but I know they do sell them separately, probably for less than having a custom piece made...

strokes1251

Practically Family
I'd hazard a guess the jacket is 1980s, but beyond that... Without a brand name and model, it'd be next to impossible to find a collar that will fit unless you have one custom made. It' a safe bet it came with one originally, and that's the sort of part that gets lost or discarded (not many people care for them, especially on this style of jacket), so it's just possible there might be one floating about. That is assuming of course that they did do one for it originally. There was a period when Scott made the Perfecto 618 with the studs for such a collar for full "vintage look", but didn't offer the collar for sale, even with the jacket.

Now there's a thought.... if you know somewhere that stocks Schotts, it might be worth seeing if you can try one of their collars on. Might not fit (I have a notion they only have one stud at the back, though studs can always be added assuming space), but I know they do sell them separately, probably for less than having a custom piece made...

I have a collar from a Schott 618 and I tried it on this jacket I didnt like the look it had going on. As for a custom made collar I dont think that would be nessacry because I have done this before where I take collars from other brands nd different sizes and just attach them to other jackets. For example I put the Schott collar on a Harley Davidson size 40 regular jacket and it fit perfectly fine (the Schott collar comes from a size 36 618). I was just hoping someone would have one with the same button clipping as this jacket as that's a button layout of which I have no collars of. Thanks for the advice though! :)

Edward

Bartender
I have a collar from a Schott 618 and I tried it on this jacket I didnt like the look it had going on. As for a custom made collar I dont think that would be nessacry because I have done this before where I take collars from other brands nd different sizes and just attach them to other jackets. For example I put the Schott collar on a Harley Davidson size 40 regular jacket and it fit perfectly fine (the Schott collar comes from a size 36 618). I was just hoping someone would have one with the same button clipping as this jacket as that's a button layout of which I have no collars of. Thanks for the advice though! :)

Aha, you're one ahead of me then. :) I think it is that unusual stud arrangement will be your problem.... maybe if you find a collar that otherwise fits you could pull the stud in it, have it patched and two new studs added if there isn't room to put them on as well as? Hopefully someone will identify the brand, though so many companies have produced a Perfecto style jacket over the years, that might not be so easy. Still, if it's as tricky to find a collar with that double stud at the back, that might just give something to go on...

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
I was in the same spot as you strokes with my old 50's cop jacket then I found a collar in a shop that sells and alters all kinds of leather clothes and jackets.

I spotted this collar on a rail and asked if they could make it fit and they did. It's not mouton, it's synthetic but looks like the real thing.
They had to alter the studs and adjust the leather to fit but it all worked out a treat.

Here's the shop... http://www.cityleathers.com/ It's no help to you as it's in North London but you may find something trying similar places in L.A.

strokes1251

Practically Family
Edward: Yea I know this button layout in not easy to find and all The ones that i find are in horrible shape for the price they ask for ($100-150 range) but the whole fun in this is looking for them! :D

Deluxestyling: Thnaks and yes sadly its to far for help :( but now Im Going to visit all the local tailor shops and hopefully I get lucky! thanks :)

ultrark2004

Familiar Face
I bought a new cal-leather jacket in the early 70's. last year after adding a couple of langlitz's , a couple of lost worlds, and schotts to my leathet jackets i found my original mouton collar to the cal-leather coat. I never wore it so it's in brand new condition. i'll let it go cheap but it must fit your coat i live in so cal also i tried it on my schott & it doesn't come close to fitting. for some reason i can't post attachments yet

strokes1251

Practically Family
I bought a new cal-leather jacket in the early 70's. last year after adding a couple of langlitz's , a couple of lost worlds, and schotts to my leathet jackets i found my original mouton collar to the cal-leather coat. I never wore it so it's in brand new condition. i'll let it go cheap but it must fit your coat i live in so cal also i tried it on my schott & it doesn't come close to fitting. for some reason i can't post attachments yet

You just upload it to tinypic.com and post the link on here? about what size was your Cal Leathers jacket? I contacted them first for a collar but like i said way above in one of my first post, the price to get it would have meant paying more than I payed for the jacket.

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
Here's what I sorted. As mentioned before it's not mouton and it's a bit of a make fit job but it works a treat in the cold London weather. Didn't cost much and the colour looks great so I'm happy with it.

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

dinomartino1

A-List Customer
P1000920.jpg

That white collar looks great.
I have the same jacket and I'm looking for a collar too.
I know you had to get the snaps altered but did the collar itself fit right or did that need work to fit as well, what size is your jacket.
Did you get that done very long ago, I might email them to see if they have any more, how much was the collar itself before you had the work done.
I used to live in Kentish town just down the road from that shop, I'm living in Australia now.

Last edited:

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
Can't really remember if the collar fitted without alteration or not. I'm pretty sure it fitted okay.
They had to make the tabs with the snaps on but they didn't do anything to the jacket.
The repair to the back of the neck was done by Aero Leathers a few years before.
Funny I used to work in Camden Town and ride my bike through Kentish Town wearing this jacket. Crazy old world eh?

Looks great! I'd say it's winner, and now I think I should just figure out a way to scruff up the white sheerling on my new Powell elk jacket to look like that. Well done.

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
This collar got a hard time with road dirt as the bike I was running around on then was a bobbed with no front guard and a very short back one. All good when it's dry but not so nice when it's wet and London is often wet!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Johnson Leathers in San Francisco
made me one of real Mouton to fit a rare HH Windward jacket perfect fit...
it wasnt Cheep but it was not crazy $ either I forgot how much it cost..
all i know the jacket came out Bad Ass.....
Call & ask for Alan (he is off thursday & friday) he's the vintage expert...
they have done some hard to do stuff to my Vintage collection of HH jackets
& do it right

OH yea that white collar is cool looks sharp.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda