Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any owners of the: Aero 'Cafe Racer'--"Aged Tan Steerhide" ?

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I really love the color of this jacket.
I wonder if I could get away with wearing it. :D

56128310.jpg

Anyone using it?

I would like it without the bi swing back, and more trim fit without the excess in the shoulder area. I also am not a big fan of the thick band at the end of the jacket in the waist.

I want the jacket to look like this in the back:
Suburban-2.jpg

Aeros back:
56128330.jpg

Everything else should be as it is and I think that would be a perfect
"street" casual jacket with alot of attitude.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Hi,

all Aero Cafe Racers (with or without bi-swing back) are VERY trim fitting and should only be worn by people who are quite slender ( I suppose you are). My jacket almost feels like a second skin when zipped. It's not too small or tight, it's just the way the jacket is made and meant to be worn.

Here you go:
2966893490_ec2096eefc.jpg

2966043587_41d4757c0b.jpg

2966049295_18750e7110.jpg

That sort of halfbelt in the back you are referring to is the kidney panel. It's not only for added insulation while riding but also adds a lot of durablity to the weak spot of the lining. It's made from double faced leather so you have the same FQHH on the inside of the jacket. I think that's quite a neat feature and I wouldn't want to miss it on my Cafe Racer.

Adam in Canada

New in Town
Hi there. My first Aero was the cafe racer in aged tan steerhide. It's an awesome hide in a remarkable color. The "aging" roughs up the leather, in a good way, not a cheap "mall" way. Wear it out in the rain or a wet snow a few times and you'll be hard pressed to see where Aero's aging ends and nature's begins.

The color is more orange than tan, I would say, but don't be offput by it. It's bold, and eyecatching, but it's unique and has a truly vintage flavor.

I wouldn't hesitate. I'll second Jan's comments regarding the kidney panel and the jacket fit. It's slim and snug as it should be. It's a very flattering fit if you have the measurements that would be flattered by a trim fitting jacket. And the kidney panel is, well, cool, very cool. And it's functional, even if you don't ride, simply because it adds durability to the back bottom of the jacket.

As I said, I wouldn't hesitate on this; you won't regret buying it. It's a nice change from the blacks and browns people expect to see on leather.

I can't share any photos as I don't actually have any wearing that jacket, but it is true to the photo, except it gets much better with age.

Regards,
Adam

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yes the jacket is very cool as it is.

I just feel the back makes it look...well racing.
I would like it to look more casual wearing like the
jacket i posted (lost worlds suburban)

I have one jacket with a kidney panel and one without
and I like the clean look without it.
My Harley jacket is also very snug when zipped, hard to move
just the way I like it since I use these jackets open almost all the time.

This will be on the wishlist after a couple of other jackets.

Don´t hesitate to post pics wearing the jacket Adam, that would be very appreciated.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Ok so I have accepted that the back is kinda cool as it is.

This is my order to be, what do you think?

+ Cafe racer Size 40 Aged tan steerhide
+ 2 horizontal chest pockets only configuration
+ 1" added to sleeves and bodylength
+ Trimmer sleeves and armholes
+ 1 left and 1 right vertical pocket in the facing, snap button.
+ Shiny brass zippers
+ Black cotton drill lining

Now, I know the cotton drill is not the smoothest lining but I really like it alot.
I also know the aged tan steer is only 3.5oz and can have a sateen lining, but I dont like how my current sateen sleeves in the Cheyenne is degrading.
I want the lining to last.

Navin323i

Practically Family
GriffDeLaGriff said:
I really love the color of this jacket.
I wonder if I could get away with wearing it. :D

56128310.jpg

Anyone using it?

I would like it without the bi swing back, and more trim fit without the excess in the shoulder area. I also am not a big fan of the thick band at the end of the jacket in the waist.

I want the jacket to look like this in the back:
Suburban-2.jpg

Aeros back:
56128330.jpg

Everything else should be as it is and I think that would be a perfect
"street" casual jacket with alot of attitude.

I need to be careful... everytime I see your posts or Jan's posts you both make me want to buy more Aero jackets... my wife would beat me up if I did that, haha!!

Funny thing... when I see the picture of how you want the back of your jacket to look like, that picture looks IDENTICAL to the back of my Aero NYPD jacket... except for the button snaps on the ends of the sleeves. :D

Aged tan is definitely a beautiful color. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner