Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody have experience with Y’2 leathers?

hotwheels

New in Town
Long time listener, first time caller.

I’m gearing up to purchase a new jacket, and Y’2 seems to sit at the sweet spot of design, quality, and affordability. Can anyone vouch for their jackets?

Thanks.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I find Y'2 jackets to be very well made that fit my body type exceptionally well. One of the things I appreciate about them is their unique leather offerings ie. indigo, which no one else seems to do very well.

Antonio Rodriguez

One of the Regulars
Highly recommend

Attachments

• 855F8696-8C9C-4B48-BE69-74B856B3AC3D.jpeg
    855F8696-8C9C-4B48-BE69-74B856B3AC3D.jpeg
    694.6 KB · Views: 216
  • C0F593B1-4CC2-4DD1-9BB8-F2F99C55AF51.jpeg
    C0F593B1-4CC2-4DD1-9BB8-F2F99C55AF51.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 210

Cheech

A-List Customer
I picked up a special edition brown Y’2 HR-55. It looked beautiful, but I didn’t care for the fit. The shoulders and chest were a bit tight and the waist and hem were quite loose. It was a size 42, and I have a 42-inch chest and 36-inch waist FWIW. Also, the sleeves were fairly tube-shaped and loose at the wrist, even when zipped.

hotwheels

New in Town
I picked up a special edition brown Y’2 HR-55. It looked beautiful, but I didn’t care for the fit. The shoulders and chest were a bit tight and the waist and hem were quite loose. It was a size 42, and I have a 42-inch chest and 36-inch waist FWIW. Also, the sleeves were fairly tube-shaped and loose at the wrist, even when zipped.
See, I like a more relaxed/“untailored” cut. They also appear have better lengths than most Japanese brands, I find the killer measurement for those to be a short back.

BikerSEA

New in Town
I got a pair of 36-inch waist camel colored leather pants from a shop that sells Y'2. They feel amazing and the fit nicely.

I am normally a 34 and it was recommended to size up -- as the brand tends to run about a size smaller than American brands.

Similarly, I got a 44 steerhide shirt in black. Again, a beautiful shirt! I'm normally a tight 42 and the 44 is frankly a little tight on me. Again, the size runs smaller than typical sizing for this piece too.

Motocann

One Too Many
Long time listener, first time caller.

I’m gearing up to purchase a new jacket, and Y’2 seems to sit at the sweet spot of design, quality, and affordability. Can anyone vouch for their jackets?

Thanks.
Y’2 leather produce amazing jackets. They are more like a European fit, or what use to be referred to as “true to size” fit. I’ve worn a few of their different styles, they definitely have their design perfectly dialed in.
004156D0-7827-4E5E-856E-40EB743B6CA2.jpeg

Steer Type III by Y’2. This one of my favorites!

Y’2 leather produce amazing jackets. They are more like a European fit, or what use to be referred to as “true to size” fit. I’ve worn a few of their different styles, they definitely have their design perfectly dialed in.
View attachment 450404
Steer Type III by Y’2. This one of my favorites!
Merv, what size was this? Do you still have it? I’m debating a 40”-42” from S&S.

Motocann

One Too Many
this is a size 38 on me, they run pretty true to size. But, I would check the size chart against a jacket you already own... as long as it fits through the shoulders and chest, you'll be good!

dublinprem

A-List Customer
I had 2 Y2 jackets both kakishibu persimmon tanned jackets(Type a2 and single riders) and while I don't have any complains regarding the leather, I hate the material they used for lining the sleeves. I think its nylon/polyester or something like that. That material is unbreathable and sticks to the skin and my arms felt sweaty and hot and I could not wait to get out of those jackets. So be careful when buying and if you can try on before buying it would be better.

Despot

Familiar Face
I’ve actually picked up one of these:
https://theshopvancouver.com/collec...op-x-y2-leather-ts-01-steer-suede-chore-shirt

It’s unlined and basically a chore coat (sort of) with the same hairy rough out as Merv’s coat above.

I’m extremely happy with mine - I wanted a light weight leather coat for Irish summer weather (aka spring everywhere else in the world) … something easy wearing that could get beat around a bit. I also love that it’s unlined … it feels like wearing a heavy shirt more than a jacket.

Motocann

One Too Many
I’ve actually picked up one of these:
https://theshopvancouver.com/collec...op-x-y2-leather-ts-01-steer-suede-chore-shirt

It’s unlined and basically a chore coat (sort of) with the same hairy rough out as Merv’s coat above.

I’m extremely happy with mine - I wanted a light weight leather coat for Irish summer weather (aka spring everywhere else in the world) … something easy wearing that could get beat around a bit. I also love that it’s unlined … it feels like wearing a heavy shirt more than a jacket.
Yes! Excellent choice! I have that same jacket in black... love it!

casuallyworked

New in Town
Does anyone have any experience with the Steer Suede TB-141 in a size 40, mainly the back back length? I am concerned it might be too long for my liking

Motocann

One Too Many
I would consider Y2 a “modified” a bit longer, but not too long. Just right in my opinion. Sits perfectly, just below the belt line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ