Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else tired of winter?!

Dixon's Dame

Familiar Face
Boy, lots of hot weather people around here! I'm definitely a winter person. Bring on the snow and the cold!! If it gets above about 65 degrees, I get miserable. No sunny beaches for me, thank you. I'll take the mountains! But then, I also work from home, so I don't have to drive in the snow. I've got 2+ feet right now, and it's beautiful. Me and my husky dog go for long walks in the snow and I can't think of any time of year more pleasant for that. Summer? Just too dang hot. Of course, the giant berm the snow plows keep pushing into my driveway can vex me, but as long as I shovel it out again every time they come by, it doesn't turn to ice and is manageable.

Rosie

One Too Many
I HATE winter
wacko.gif
I like fall, because I get to wear my cute coats, jackets, slacks and heavier gloves but winter,
wacko.gif
. Snow, ice, sleet, cold, wearing layers upon layers of horrible clothing and UGLY waterproof winter boots,
wacko.gif

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Dixon's Dame said:
Boy, lots of hot weather people around here! I'm definitely a winter person. Bring on the snow and the cold!! If it gets above about 65 degrees, I get miserable. No sunny beaches for me, thank you. I'll take the mountains! But then, I also work from home, so I don't have to drive in the snow. I've got 2+ feet right now, and it's beautiful. Me and my husky dog go for long walks in the snow and I can't think of any time of year more pleasant for that. Summer? Just too dang hot. Of course, the giant berm the snow plows keep pushing into my driveway can vex me, but as long as I shovel it out again every time they come by, it doesn't turn to ice and is manageable.

Same here- I work from home. Bring on the snow! Anything over 65 is just too steamy.

GeniusInTheLamp

One of the Regulars
I'm also a winter person; it must be my Swedish ancestry. If anything, we haven't had enough winter to get tired of here in Chicagoland (December and January were unusually mild). We had a big cold snap starting in February, then we got hit with the snow. And just as the snow was starting to melt - more snow.

Also, summer always puts a dent in my ComEd bills (especially now, with that 24% rate increase).

Warms My Heart

Give me the green green green of Summer! Pastel skyblue filled with soft sailing clouds. Bright flowers blooming wisps of inticing sweet fragrance as wildbirds flitter songs of excited delight! Butterflies float a dance on air to wing with joyful glee! T shirt weather! Motorcycling sunny winding rolling country roads through shadowy overhangs of sudden cool forest shades. Finally chasing the pinkish abstract splashes of a warm orange retreating sun. Neon glow welcoming ahead hickory barbecued visions tasting dreams of full frosty mugs of gold.
HD

Steve

Practically Family
Zohar said:
It was only 70 degrees today, and will be a bone chilling 70 and sunny tomorrow. I wish this doggone winter would end so we can get back to 100+ degrees with 90% humidity as soon as possible

:D
That there is Florida in a nutshell right now. Personally, I wish it would stay this way year-round.

Sorry, Oregon people.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I'm tired of this summanumbatchin' COLD I got. Can't sleep, can't do much of anything but type, drink hot and/or alcoholic beverages, snuffle and dry-cough.

Worst of all, I think one of my own saxophone mouthpieces infected me. Last time this happened I was down for damn near a week.

Now entering Day 3. If this were 1918, I'd be in a wicker basket.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
i am so ready for spring. i live in a part of town with less-than-stellar public transportation and let me tell you, i am SICK of standing around waiting for the bus, and i'm a wuss and won't bike when it's super windy/rainy. last winter here was easier, but i had a car then.

Fletch said:
I'm tired of this summanumbatchin' COLD I got. Can't sleep, can't do much of anything but type, drink hot and/or alcoholic beverages, snuffle and dry-cough.

Worst of all, I think one of my own saxophone mouthpieces infected me. Last time this happened I was down for damn near a week.

Now entering Day 3. If this were 1918, I'd be in a wicker basket.

You have my sympathies. I just got over one recently and it lasted nearly two weeks! :eek: The best thing was an old Propriety rememdy that has been in my family for centuries. Whisky, honey, orange and lemon zest, a little orange juice added as well. Heat and drink warm or let cool. Aging also makes it better. Having it sit around that long might be a problem though. ;) :p

Regards,

J

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm so ready for spring!! This time of year we get teasers, one day it will be what's considered warm for winter, about 40 degrees F. Then the next day we'll have wind and snow and only 20 degrees.
Here in New England it doesn't usually get consistently nice and warm until June, so we've got a long way to go.
The cold and wind are getting to me. My parents just called me, they are in Palm Desert, CA.. They vacation there a lot, but are now thinking of buying property there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will, I think I'd actually consider selling my condo and moving in with the folks if they lived in warm and sunny southern California.

Daisy Buchanan said:
The cold and wind are getting to me. My parents just called me, they are in Palm Desert, CA.. They vacation there a lot, but are now thinking of buying property there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will, I think I'd actually consider selling my condo and moving in with the folks if they lived in warm and sunny southern California.

Hey now! That would be great. Another convert to the warm state. Let me be the first to issue a premptory welcome. :D
The worst winters here are better than a Spring in just about any other state. ;)

Regards,

J

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Senator Jack said:
Let's get one thing straight around here, MG: There's nothing good about winter. Nothing at all. So don't try to sugarcoat it. Don't give us that 'let's look at the bright side,' nonsense. It's an awful, horrible, miserable time of year. It brings us things like, well, ice - ICE! - and it's not even the good sort of ice that you can put in a cocktail. It's the sort of ice that gets under geriatrics feet and makes them fall so they can break a hip. Now what sort of favors is winter doing them - those poor geriatrics with broken hips? Show me a friend of winter and I'll show you a sadist. Okay, so who else wants to defend winter?

(BTW, glad to see your old avatar is back.)

Regards,

Senator Jack
lol ...hey...I'm trying to keep from complaining...too much:rolleyes: :D
avatar; thanks- still working on my prim victorian one though :p

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
MK said:
I love my winter clothes. Bring it on!
*throws fruit* oh be quiet!;) I bet you the only reason your not sick of it is because of how much you travel to Cali!
I think what brought this on was that I did the huge mistake of looking through my summer clothes *weeps, cries*...why is it that I live in a state that I can wear what I love most for only 3 months out of the year?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy