Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else tired of winter?!

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
I like winter and all it brings up until Christmas is over. By this time of year I am really tired of it and the last week has been the worst. Last weekend on Saturday we had an ice storm and our electric service was out for two days. There are still many thousands of homes without power from that storm. Now today another storm has rolled in. As I look out the window all I can see is snow flying and all I can hear is the wind blowing.

On the bright side, it's supposed to be in the 40s next week. Now that's something to look forward to. :eusa_clap

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I am sick of winter because I want to get back into capris, cuffed jeans and cute dresses with peep toe shoes without having cold ankles and wet feet! (I do wear them in the winter see, but I suffer for it.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
I am sick of winter because I want to get back into capris, cuffed jeans and cute dresses with peep toe shoes without having cold ankles and wet feet! (I do wear them in the winter see, but I suffer for it.
:D You and me are alike on this! I absolutely HATE wearing sweaters! they look cute on everyone else but just hate the look on me, plus, I'm horribly alergic to wool and every Christmas and birthday I'm bombarded with clothes made out of the stuff!!!!
Even today, I'm sporting a dressy tank top (I do have slacks on however)...we'll just suffer together!!!!;)

Paratrooper

Familiar Face
well it just go tto be winter here in Minn"Snow"ta last week we got 18" in one storm and yesterday another 12" in fact some parts of the state got more thane that on both storms, ahhh just like the winters of my childhood.
so othern then the fact of the schools canceling and rescheduleing the playoff games (I'm a camera man for a cable tv channel and we are in the state playoffs for girls baskeball at this time) to times when we can not cover them things are good.

spiridon

A-List Customer
mysterygal said:
Mike; I've heard some about Florida's weather! Mostly of the humidity, ugh! That just may be worse than the cold...having it so hot and humid that even though you get all sweaty, you can't shower it off cause the humidity just brings it back.

AMEN to that! I'm afraid I am probably in the minority, but I wish "Winter" would last another month or so. Of course as some of my "Southern" brothers & Sisters have already mentioned...."Winter" has a different meaning here in the deep South. I do not suffer the heat & humidity very well, and having to deal with 5 to 6 months of Summer tends to take a toll on me. Ahhhhhhhh, if only I could find a job in Flagstaff, Az......I would be in heaven!!!!

spiridon said:
AMEN to that! I'm afraid I am probably in the minority, but I wish "Winter" would last another month or so. Of course as some of my "Southern" brothers & Sisters have already mentioned...."Winter" has a different meaning here in the deep South. I do not suffer the heat & humidity very well, and having to deal with 5 to 6 months of Summer tends to take a toll on me. Ahhhhhhhh, if only I could find a job in Flagstaff, Az......I would be in heaven!!!!

I am glad you clarified that. I was going to recommend the North Pole. ;) :p
Your winters there are probably about the same as we have here---less any snow you might have that is. :D
Ah, if I could only retire to Hawaii and didn't have to deal with their high taxes and living expenses. :D ;)

Regards,

J

spiridon

A-List Customer
Ya know, I wouldn't even mind the Summer months so much if it would just cool down a little bit overnight! Starting in May and going thru at least September it usually doesn't dip below 75 degrees at night. That in itself probably doesn't sound too bad, but when you combine that with 100% humidity.........well, it makes it kinda hard for me to breathe!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Driving over the San Mateo Bridge eastbound yesterday I saw that Mt. Diablo and Mt. Hamilton were white with snow, today it's all gone. Closest to snow we get around here. I just hate cold.

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
I'm fed up with this winter this year here in Germany. It has been raining for weeks and it is quite warm. You can't go out without an umbrella it's terrible.:mad:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Guesse we have the same "Green Winter" here as in Germany.
Strange and not nice.

Give me frostclear bue sky and snow any day! Lots of snow.
Gives you a chance for using the IRVIN, Flyingboots, greatcoats, scarfes in bright colours and heavy hats...nice:D Sit around the open fireplace, with your feet up, with a large cognac and a nice cigar.....mmmmmm....Runway closed again - no flying :D

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
The Sun WAS out!

Seemed like a freak fluke in nature the other day, but I absolutely loved it!!!!! It felt so warm outside that I could comfortably wear shorts. Of course this morning woke up to pouring down rain..but, *sighs* at least I got to experience a beautiful day.
It is kind of funny when one neighbor brings out their lawn mower, you start to see other's coming out with theirs. It's always that same ol' chain reaction around here.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Lovely 50¬? day here about a week ago. Since then, colder and colder. 12¬?*this morning, blowing snow and black ice. My cold has developed into infected sinuses, which you don't want to ask about.

On the bright side, my new hightop Army shoes (the kind your mother wore in the old joke) are working out great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic