Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else tired of winter?!

Dan G

One of the Regulars
6'9''?!? Holy SMOKES! what'd they feed him? Makes me feel really small at 6'1''!

I do really enjoy the outdoors, although Billings is quite a bit different than Sandpoint. I think I can count the trees on one hand!

The trouble is, in Sandpoint a guy can't make a living! The opportunity just isn't there anymore. The labor intensive jobs are disappearing rather rapidly as the town turns into a "resort destination", so I figured I better take a stab somewhere else.

I agree! The colder the better, but 33 and raining is a bad deal. If it were just cold all the time, that makes life pretty easy. I'm one of those 55 to 65 degree types, while logging you can leave your chaps on, loose the shirt and stay somewhat comfortable. :D

Etienne said:
I have 2 nephews who are born and bred So. Californians, and they went to college in Missoula, Montana. One returned here and is working in L.A., the other is making his home in Montana. He LOVES it there (he's a forest ranger). The one is L.A. misses Montana a LOT!! They are both big, strapping guys (the younger one is 6' 9") and they really love the challenges of living in the great outdoors; the colder, the better! To each his own, I guess!

Gee, they grow tall due to the good weather and then one wants to go to the cold. [huh] ;)

Regards,

J

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I'm a huge outdoors fan myself, heck it's one of the great things about the northwest! But it's the cold...I'm just a big sissy when it's gets below 60 degrees:p
Where I grew up they grew them (guys) up well:) there's nothing like a farming/logging community to develop some muscles!

mysterygal said:
I'm a huge outdoors fan myself, heck it's one of the great things about the northwest! But it's the cold...I'm just a big sissy when it's gets below 60 degrees:p
Where I grew up they grew them (guys) up well:) there's nothing like a farming/logging community to develop some muscles!

Makes sense. Good weather=stronger better adjusted people. Less seasonal affective disorder. ;) :p

Regards,

J

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Boy, we are tired of winter here in Iowa. It really didn't start up until past mid-January, then it snowed and snowed again, on through February. really low temperatures; just two weeks ago we were dealing with the after-effects of a blizzard.

Now, there is very little snow on the ground, lots of mud, dirty cars, temperatures yesterday were close to 70, so mother and I cleaned up the porch and sat out on it. Today, it is windy and back in the 40's.

I am getting excited about planting some spring flowers, but still way too early.

karol

Hondo

One Too Many
Sorry about all the snow/rain back east, wish you could transport it out west, west coast that is, Northern Calif, we got 60 percent of our rain, barely touched winter, it now seems like spring, fires down south in Southern California are under control (for now) it looks like another sizzler this year, were hoping for a little more rain before June, its been weird weather all around for sure.

Hondo said:
Sorry about all the snow/rain back east, wish you could transport it out west, west coast that is, Northern Calif, we got 60 percent of our rain, barely touched winter, it now seems like spring, fires down south in Southern California are under control (for now) it looks like another sizzler this year, were hoping for a little more rain before June, its been weird weather all around for sure.

Oh geez! You're killing me. I think we have had enough rain for the year. You can send some of that rain to Southern California if you like though. ;) :p
I hope it is a sizzler. It would be nice for once. Thirty years ago, it was much warmer in this area. I think we sent our good weather to Southern Cal---along with the water. :eusa_doh: ;)

Regards,

J

Rosie

One Too Many
Yesterday it was nearly 70 degrees. I wore a dress and sweater and it was wonderful! Today on the way home it was FREEZING. Now, they are predicting over 5 inches of snow. :(

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I'll trade ya...

It's been over 90 here. We're breakin' records left and right and we completely skipped Spring! And what happened to winter?

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Pink Dahlia said:
It's been over 90 here. We're breakin' records left and right and we completely skipped Spring! And what happened to winter?
that would be strange! With prepping my gardens..I'm REALLY wanting to start planting! But what's great, is there's been two whole days of incredible weather over here...flowers are popping up everywhere...I just love it...it's so beautiful this time of year!!!!!

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
ARUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:rage:

Winter is back. We, in Erie,PA, are getting pounded with snow. It was nearly 70 on Tuesday! OF course, it being Erie, PA, nothing is closed, cancelled, or delayed. We just get it through it with a shrug of the shoulders.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
To anyone who has snow and cold, I'm giving an open invitation to PLEASE send it to North Carolina! We were completely cheated of -any- winter this year.

Hondo

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Oh geez! You're killing me. I think we have had enough rain for the year. You can send some of that rain to Southern California if you like though. ;) :p
I hope it is a sizzler. It would be nice for once. Thirty years ago, it was much warmer in this area. I think we sent our good weather to Southern Cal---along with the water. :eusa_doh: ;)

Regards,

J

I think one of us is a bit off track or confused, I'm in your neck of the woods, up yonder near Elk Grove, yesterday was a mild 82!!! I just wish we had a bit more rain/snow in the High Sierras. I bet you folks in S.F. would love it as a "sizzler" on clear day by the bay :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn