Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else tired of winter?!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I love winter. I love the icy sting in the air (but not for too long!) Today it's snowing here. I love snow because it's so white and quiet. It brightens everything up. If it gets deep enough then there's NO WORK!! What could be bad about that? Another reason I love winter is that everyone stays indoors! My apartment complex is so quiet. In the summer it's nothing but kids yelling and horrible music blaring.

I also like winter fashions more than summer ones. I don't own a pair of shorts, for instance. I hate going "down the shore" and never do, even though I live so close. Having worked in a hot factory operating machinery also plays a factor in my preference for winter. I don't work there anymore, but for 7 summers I had to tolerate AT LEAST 110 degree heat for 12 hours a day. Winter was a blessing!! And a part of me still carries on that tradition!

The only thing I hate about snow/winter is SLUSH. Gross stuff, that is.

Etienne

A-List Customer
Winter...what exactly IS that??! It's in the 80's here, the roses have all budded, my irisis are blooming, the hills look like Ireland, and cool breezes are blowing in off the Pacific. But truth be told, I would love to get a bit of snow! (We actually had some last month, only the third time in my life to see it here--we're about 13 miles from Malibu, inland.) I'd be happy either way, sun or snow!

Etienne said:
Winter...what exactly IS that??! It's in the 80's here, the roses have all budded, my irisis are blooming, the hills look like Ireland, and cool breezes are blowing in off the Pacific. But truth be told, I would love to get a bit of snow! (We actually had some last month, only the third time in my life to see it here--we're about 13 miles from Malibu, inland.) I'd be happy either way, sun or snow!

Snow!?:eusa_doh: Move up to Diamond Bar. ;) :p

Regards,

J

Rosie

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Its terrbly cold here at 62 degrees. It gets down to 40 degrees at night. This isn't the state I grew up in! Someone needs to return my good weather all year long money. :rage:

Regards,

J;) :p

I'm going to have to seriously begin to consider moving to the Bay Area. All joking aside. This seems like the worst winter ever to me, so long and annoying. Maybe its time for a change.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Maybe all of us who absolutey hate the cold should round up for some Hawaii!
(I swear I could be possitively in heaven living there!)
OMG; 12 degrees is just WRONG!:p

Feraud

Bartender
Rosie said:
I'm going to have to seriously begin to consider moving to the Bay Area. All joking aside. This seems like the worst winter ever to me, so long and annoying. Maybe its time for a change.
c'mon Rosie. Stick it out. We New Yorkers are a tough lot and have been through a lot worse. ;)

Archie Goodwin

One of the Regulars
Perspective

I think it is all about the worst weather in your region. I love winter, becuase summer in New Orleans lasts 7 misreable, hot, steamy, blistering, sweaty, did I mention steamy, months. I have spent most of my life living along the I10 corridor, so I know from unpleasant summers. I suppose the winter haters would think that we are crazy, but my wife and I honeymooned in London, in January, just to get some pleasant weather.

Sure it was cold, but cold is far more conducive to cuddling than sun burns.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
4 layers of winter clothing gets tiring

My nose is sick of winter. It is chapped from the um, I won't go into too much information. This is why I take my vacation in winter so I can go to Las Vegas which actually wasn't too warm but warmer and Florida which was 30s to 70s, also much warmer. In summer I'm going to be hot anyway so I still wear hose and a proper slip, as I did when I lived in New Orleans. The house only had one heated room which made for cozy nights when we had a freak cold spell one April!

Rosie said:

lol lol lol You won't like it here. Its too cold. 65 degrees!? Its killing me.
Supposed to be in the 70s this weekend----finally. Still in the 40s at night. :eek: I like even daytime/nighttime temperatures---and no I don't mean both cold either. :p ;)

Regards,

J

P.S. IS it really going to be 14 degrees there at night?! :eek:

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tired of Winter?....what Winter?!!

It will hit 90F in Phoenix today. I ironed all my short sleeve shirts last night and moved the long sleeves to the back of the closet! Today starts the long hot slide into the depths of Summer! 118F is just around the corner!

I dusted off my straw this morning too! No sense even thinking about wearing felt!

-dixon cannona

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
This winter hasn't really been bad in the NY area compared to past years: it didn't really get cold until January, and it didn't really snow until February. But I have to say, I'm glad that the last week of bitter cold (it was 6 degrees in my area this morning) is supposed to end today, with temps back into the normal-for-now upper 40s. It's definitely time!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
It hasn't really been that cold, just a lot of rain and pretty darn dark outside.
does this kind of weather affect other people as well? I find that after a week or so of this, I find that it's kind of hard to get motivated!
What is cool is that I noticed a couple of plants in my flower garden has sprouted up....color at last! And we have these birds (at least I think they're the same birds) that are back and looks like they're making their nests.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Doctor Strange said:
This winter hasn't really been bad in the NY area compared to past years: it didn't really get cold until January, and it didn't really snow until February. But I have to say, I'm glad that the last week of bitter cold (it was 6 degrees in my area this morning) is supposed to end today, with temps back into the normal-for-now upper 40s. It's definitely time!

Same deal down the road here in Erie, PA.

I am tired of the dirt - my car is dirty, my drive and garage is dirty, the snow is dirty. UGH. Want sun and warmer temps though that 118 might be a bit excessive.

Dan G

One of the Regulars
This kind of weather definitely gets depressing. Working in it is miserable too. freezing cold, then 33 and raining, then warm and muddy, then 33 and raining again. ugh:mad:

Etienne

A-List Customer
I have 2 nephews who are born and bred So. Californians, and they went to college in Missoula, Montana. One returned here and is working in L.A., the other is making his home in Montana. He LOVES it there (he's a forest ranger). The one is L.A. misses Montana a LOT!! They are both big, strapping guys (the younger one is 6' 9") and they really love the challenges of living in the great outdoors; the colder, the better! To each his own, I guess!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn