Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone on Filmjackets.com Forums?

dmoser1978

One of the Regulars
I accidentally deactivated my account on those forums today. I changed the e-mail address associated with my account and the account was automatically deactivated.

If anyone on this board has an account there, I need to pass along my e-mail address to a user there called "TheStuntman," he's associated with Dan from Logan's Closet.

Please PM me and I'll send you my e-mail to pass along.

Thanks!

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Can't see an option to PM you, think it may be as you are a new member here, but have an account on there and it still seems to work if I can help.

lp01

New in Town
Hi!
The site seems to be down. Anyone here with an account on filmjackets could please confirm? Thanks

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’d love to hear from the aforementioned Stuntman user as well. Right before the site went down, he’d written about finalizing an Escape From New York jacket pattern with Vanson based on handling the film jacket owned by Kurt Russell.

I was never a member of the forum but I lurked through its entire existence.

lp01

New in Town
Hi! The site has been down for a long time now. I guess it will stay like this... it's gone. There was a lot of info about great jackets on that site. Time machine could retrieve some threads but a lot will be lost anyway. What a shame :(

TheStuntman

New in Town
Hey Everyone,
It’s me, Stunt from FilmJackets. A friend of mine pointed me towards this topic here and said you may want to join if you haven’t and give them a little bit of an update. So I did just that, haven’t fully set everything up yet or put up an avatar but I can say I really like the relaxed atmosphere here.

Filmjackets as we know it pretty much is no longer in existence. I’m trying to get in contact with Rick through his kids using Facebook. He is alive and well according to what I can see in photographs. I’m reaching out to his kids because the amount of information that was contained on the forum from being open since 2006 till recently should not be lost. I will post updates when I have them.

Concerning the replica of the EFNY jacket. There are currently four orders out for that with Vanson. Not taking any more until the product comes in, and is up to snuff with everything we wanted. If anybody wants to remain updated about it I will post updates here on the forum.

I’m still learning the ropes here, so just bear with me.

Happy to be here.
Stunt

Aloysius

Hey Everyone,
It’s me, Stunt from FilmJackets. A friend of mine pointed me towards this topic here and said you may want to join if you haven’t and give them a little bit of an update. So I did just that, haven’t fully set everything up yet or put up an avatar but I can say I really like the relaxed atmosphere here.

Filmjackets as we know it pretty much is no longer in existence. I’m trying to get in contact with Rick through his kids using Facebook. He is alive and well according to what I can see in photographs. I’m reaching out to his kids because the amount of information that was contained on the forum from being open since 2006 till recently should not be lost. I will post updates when I have them.

Concerning the replica of the EFNY jacket. There are currently four orders out for that with Vanson. Not taking any more until the product comes in, and is up to snuff with everything we wanted. If anybody wants to remain updated about it I will post updates here on the forum.

I’m still learning the ropes here, so just bear with me.

Happy to be here.
Stunt

I'm sure I speak for many when I say you're very welcome here, and that there would be a huge audience for projects like this.

TheStuntman

New in Town
I'm sure I speak for many when I say you're very welcome here, and that there would be a huge audience for projects like this.

Hey Aloysius
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I will put up a thread soon concerning the Plissken jacket.

I have other projects in the works for certain styles and such that I think many here might enjoy. Some of them are with Vanson and some are hopefully with my own vendor. Need to check on him after this past year and see that everything A-OK.

Thank you again!
Stunt

Matt Williams

New in Town
Hi all, new member here, Filmjackets transfer (Fvolfrine on that site).

It really is a shame that that site is no longer accessible, there sure was a lot of valuable information on there, from jacket manufactures, care instructions, reviews, it was a wealth of information and a fund part of my life for a decade. Hopefully someone can archive it or bring it back.

TheStuntman

New in Town
Hey everybody.
I came by the forum today to bring you all some sad news. Rick the creator of Filmjackets Forum has passed away. I only just found out very early this morning from FJ member/moderator CRB.

I don’t know what else to say at the moment. I’m still kind of in shock about it. I do know that Rick had been battling cancer for the last few years and some of the last times we spoke he appeared to be on the mend. But having lost my own father to cancer, I knew in the back of my mind that something like this could happen.

https://obituaries.eagletribune.com...jdfMzo0XakgF4bo9Drwh7F17zX68qyavoP0#guestbook

Aloysius

Hey everybody.
I came by the forum today to bring you all some sad news. Rick the creator of Filmjackets Forum has passed away. I only just found out very early this morning from FJ member/moderator CRB.

I don’t know what else to say at the moment. I’m still kind of in shock about it. I do know that Rick had been battling cancer for the last few years and some of the last times we spoke he appeared to be on the mend. But having lost my own father to cancer, I knew in the back of my mind that something like this could happen.

https://obituaries.eagletribune.com...jdfMzo0XakgF4bo9Drwh7F17zX68qyavoP0#guestbook

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know that you were friends.

Matt Williams

New in Town
Hey everybody.

Thanks for the update Stunt. Sad news indeed.

Rick was some of the best people I've met through this hobby. We'd occasionally exchange a letter, especially back in the days; Whatever you needed, he was always there, happy to help, even when Film Jackets disappeared. Not to mention the amount of research he'd done on every screen jacket he took interest in. . .

TheStuntman

New in Town
Thank you to everyone and their kind words so far.

Peacoat,
CRB and myself are trying to see what can be done. As we do need a member of his family to handover the site’s ownership to someone else. But at this moment we just don’t think it’s the time to ask his family anything. Having been in a position like many here, you need that private time. So we’ll probably ask in the next few months. Apparently though all of the site information and everything is still stored over at Bluehost. And I’m sure we can all agree that the information that was housed there was invaluable and should be saved, even if we can’t bring back the original site. The information itself is a hell of a resource.

Monitor,
Your words are right on the money. Rick was a hell of a guy. So kind to those who sought out information. He would go above and beyond to find correct info, sorting through a lot of BS and hearsay. I know that the website in the last few years made it downward turn sadly. The mess with the store he had on there never got to be fully corrected. He truly did get taken for a ride by his vendor and put into a lot of debt with many members. We had many talks about this and he felt it had really hurt his friendships with many members.

We have truly lost a great man.

I will keep everybody updated with any information about the forum. But I have been guiding many of our FJ brothers and sisters over here. As this place is a very peaceful hang out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko