Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone on Filmjackets.com Forums?

The mess with the store he had on there never got to be fully corrected. He truly did get taken for a ride by his vendor and put into a lot of debt with many members. We had many talks about this and he felt it had really hurt his friendships with many members.

I was deeply saddened the store turned out the way it did, especially 'cause it kicked off so nicely with people receiving some fantastic looking jackets, but I never for a second doubted Rick's honesty regarding the whole matter; It was plainly obvious he indeed only wanted everyone to be able to score a quality, extremely screen accurate & equally important, affordable movie jacket.
I know how hard Rick worked to get every detail right, even trying to secure actual patterns for certain film jackets, dealing with costume department people, etc.

Internet is a crappier place for having lost FJ forum. That place was so crazy friendly and polite... I just loved lurking & hanging out there, even tho I wouldn't post much. But it's not just the store; The interest for movie jackets also kind of diminished and honestly, I can't recall the last time I saw a nice looking jacket in any recent movie.

I was also always hoping to see Rick here, on TFL some day, especially since his knowledge of vtg jackets matched just about anyone's here - No wonder, considering how vast the movie database FJ covered was, Rick must've handled countless vintage pieces we constantly talk about here (I never forgot how he refused to settle with the theory that Brando's jacket is definitely Durable) - but. . .

In any case, please do keep us updated.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was also always hoping to see Rick here, on TFL some day, especially since his knowledge of vtg jackets matched just about anyone's here - No wonder, considering how vast the movie database FJ covered was, Rick must've handled countless vintage pieces we constantly talk about here (I never forgot how he refused to settle with the theory that Brando's jacket is definitely Durable) - but. . .

In any case, please do keep us updated.

I'd been lurking on FJ for many years but never looked at the Wild One thread because I've never seen the film. Reading now on the Wayback Machine and Rick's posts on this topic are genuinely excellent.

Also, hard to refute his skepticism regarding the Durable claim, considering how many of them he owned, and he points out that while the details of the film jacket are similar to the Durable, the pattern doesn't match up. Likewise, the Schotts of that era have the right cut, but not the details. This led him to conclude that neither is closer to the film jacket than the other, and the maker is still an unknown. This was already as of 9 years ago.

Can't say I've really seen these addressed by the workwear internet, which went from breathlessly saying it's Schott to breathlessly saying it's Durable. Always fun to see a mystery I have zero investment in, haha.

Capt. Apollo

New in Town
Wow just saw this and registered, new member here.

Sad news Rick always treated me right and I still treasure the 2 Jackets I bought from him.

My deepest sympathy goes to his family and friends

Hey everybody.
I came by the forum today to bring you all some sad news. Rick the creator of Filmjackets Forum has passed away. I only just found out very early this morning from FJ member/moderator CRB.

I don’t know what else to say at the moment. I’m still kind of in shock about it. I do know that Rick had been battling cancer for the last few years and some of the last times we spoke he appeared to be on the mend. But having lost my own father to cancer, I knew in the back of my mind that something like this could happen.

https://obituaries.eagletribune.com...jdfMzo0XakgF4bo9Drwh7F17zX68qyavoP0#guestbook

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
The interest for movie jackets also kind of diminished and honestly, I can't recall the last time I saw a nice looking jacket in any recent movie.

Let me refresh your memory. Fringe jackets are totally back in fashion so I've heard.

0359BDB7-2027-41E1-8BAF-BFBF59168421.jpeg
DA47E210-A1B5-424E-B33D-941D0F4EAB5E.jpeg

Matt Williams

New in Town
Dan the Man helped me out last year getting a new X1 with Vanson. He and Stunt are in touch still, and I can provide you his contact info if needed.

dmoser1978

One of the Regulars
Dan the Man helped me out last year getting a new X1 with Vanson. He and Stunt are in touch still, and I can provide you his contact info if needed.

Was your X-1 made with Competition Weight leather or their softer leather? I got one last year, but it was soft leather instead of the Competition Weight I thought I was going to get.

TheStuntman

New in Town
*Runs into thread out of breath*
I’m here, I’m here!

I actually have to give Dan a call in the next couple of days so I will bring things up with him. Go ahead and hit me up on the side if you have any questions you directly need answered from Dan. And I’ll run those past him first before I get another things.

Stunt

Matt Williams

New in Town
Was your X-1 made with Competition Weight leather or their softer leather? I got one last year, but it was soft leather instead of the Competition Weight I thought I was going to get.
Mine was made of the competition weight, the DBRN pattern. It is heavy and stiff. I originally wanted the lighter weight, as that is what Dan’s pattern uses, but Vanson was out. I waited 8 months for them to get enough orders to fill using the lighter weight but when that didn’t happen I asked them to switch to the DBRN.

dmoser1978

One of the Regulars
Mine was made of the competition weight, the DBRN pattern. It is heavy and stiff. I originally wanted the lighter weight, as that is what Dan’s pattern uses, but Vanson was out. I waited 8 months for them to get enough orders to fill using the lighter weight but when that didn’t happen I asked them to switch to the DBRN.

Which is the "DBRN" pattern? I'm not familiar with there being different patterns from Vanson.

Matt Williams

New in Town
Which is the "DBRN" pattern? I'm not familiar with there being different patterns from Vanson.
DBRN is their standard competition weight leather. It is what they have on the website for the Wolverine jacket. Kim at Vanson will send samples upon request.

dmoser1978

One of the Regulars
I’m here, I’m here!

I actually have to give Dan a call in the next couple of days so I will bring things up with him. Go ahead and hit me up on the side if you have any questions you directly need answered from Dan. And I’ll run those past him first before I get another things.

Stunt
I'll send you a PM, but one of the questions had to do with the fit of the X-2. Here's the link to the thread I started about that:

finnpalm

New in Town
I’m here, I’m here!

Stunt
Hello everyone.

New to fedora lounge, but found this thread when trying to get back to filmjackets where I used to hang out many years ago.

First of all, I'm terribly sorry to hear about Rick. I didn't know him personally, but it saddens me nonetheless. I hope his family is alright.

Secondly I would like to get in touch with Dan (Logan's closet). I'm interested in if it's still possible to order any of the designs from his website. Tried to email the contact addresses there but the emails just bounce. Does anyone know if he's around, and if it's still possible to order jackets?

Hello everyone.

New to fedora lounge, but found this thread when trying to get back to filmjackets where I used to hang out many years ago.

First of all, I'm terribly sorry to hear about Rick. I didn't know him personally, but it saddens me nonetheless. I hope his family is alright.

Secondly I would like to get in touch with Dan (Logan's closet). I'm interested in if it's still possible to order any of the designs from his website. Tried to email the contact addresses there but the emails just bounce. Does anyone know if he's around, and if it's still possible to order jackets?

Hi and welcome. It's really great to see more FJ people here.

Anyway, I wonder about Logan's Closet as well. Did everyone eventually receive their jackets?

dmoser1978

One of the Regulars
I haven't checked in on my jackets in a while though I know it's always a long wait with Logan's closet.

finnpalm

New in Town
I haven't checked in on my jackets in a while though I know it's always a long wait with Logan's closet.
Did you contact Dan through the website? To me it seems like the email server is down for his "sales" and "info" addresses, because my emails bounce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto