Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone Seen My Yacht?

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Hello everyone. I just got this vintage 40's blazer off of eBay after realizing I didn't own a single one. It's the classic navy blue with gold buttons, just what I was looking for.

100_0047.jpg

Modeled with my newly re blocked Borsalino and 30's tie. Next step is to get a Panama and some ivory slacks. Maybe some spectator shoes? This will probably come along with me to the Queen Mary, as well as any other seafaring adventures down the road. Any suggestions on completing the outfit? I don't smoke a pipe, or, I'd maybe include a nice ivory one.

So who else has a marine (not USMC) ensemble to show off?

I'm off to find that yacht.. fair winds and following seas to you all...
100_0048.jpg

Strider

One of the Regulars
Looks sharp. Invite us all to the party when you find your yacht, my friend. :p

Wild Root

Gone Home
Mr_Misanthropy, tell me your pant size, I know where there are two pairs of 1934-36 NRA tagged ivory flannel pants that would be perfect! Also, a straw hat would be perfect... panama or boater! And, brown and white two tones... cap toe or wingtip!

The coat is looking great! I have a nice navy blue DB coat that I wear with Ivory pants... white bucks work nice with this outfit too! I'm thinking of wearing my outfit to the QM so, it would be nice to see a few of these outfits on the ship!

The pants I mentioned eariler are a waist size of 30" and are 34" long... you can have them taken up a little but, they're original, button fly flannels with the NRA tag (National Recovery Act of 1934-1936 FDR's "New Deal) I believe they're still there and only about $24. bucks, let me know.

=WR=

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Hey Root, my waist is indeed a 30", 32" inseam, so, I can take up the pant legs. Let me know how to acquire said pants, I would much appreciate it!! That sounds like precisely what I'm looking for. I'll be ordering a basic cuenca sometime soon from Panama Bob to complete the look.

As for shoes, I'm going to save up and just spend good money on good shoes that FIT! I have to wear dress shoes every day to work, and I'm tired of putting mine on and having them hurt my feet instantly. So, a pair of solid black ones, a pair of brown ones, some black/white wing tips and brown/white spectators are on my list. :)

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
i love that blazer its such a dashing look
hats off to the capn!
people used to say of mr sinatra that he was so emaciated he could climb through a olive without disturbing the pimento :-D
never underestimate a skinny guy

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great job on finding that blazer. That's the type of thing that's so versatile and never goes out of style. The hat & pants like Root mention plus an Ascot would look so vintage ocean cruise on the Queen Mary. Add a walking stock and you'll look very Noel Coward. :eusa_clap

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Congrats on the fine blazer. It looks sharp!
You wear the same pants size as I do...have you found that size 30 waist almost never comes in a length greater than 30? This happens to me all the time. I suppose that the same people who decided that hats shouldn't come as large as 7 7/8th also figured that if you wear a 30" waist you can't be over 5' 7"! Confound the blagards!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
jml90 said:
Yeah that you could be broken with a wiffle ball bat

That was not my meaning at all. That's a rather harsh statement.

Until I hit 30, I was a 29X34 guy. 6' 2" and 150lbs. Stay thin like that as long as you possibly can, Mr_Misanthropy. :)

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Lookin' good there, Mr_Anthropy. Real sharp.

Hey, I remember when I was just as thin as you are now. Hell, look at me now! 5 foot 10 and 180 pounds. What I'd do to be just as thin as you are. lol

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Looking Good-

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip.
That started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.
The mate was a mighty sailin' man,
the skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day,
for a three hour tour,
a three hour tour………