Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are You Brave Enough to Share Your Prom Photos?

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Amelie said:
I hope you enjoyed your trip! (which part of Quebec have you visited? I really need to visit some of the west parts of Canada myself)
fortunately my prom cost me in all about 200$ (made my dress, and got there with a bunch of friends in a yellow bus) so i've still been able to fly to France after that! (it was amazin :D)

I had a fantastic time:D I went to Trois-Pistoles for the schooling, and we had a trip out to La ville de Quebec, which I also loved, I entertained the thought of buying a house in Trois-Pistoles with my school savingslol

Where did you go in France? I would love to go sometime myself.:)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
No prom for me.
Didn't want to spend $$$ to hang out with people I hated and hear awful radio music, circa 1993. I stayed in and had a date with Dave Mustaine instead! lol

SGB

One of the Regulars
Never went to a prom, our band played at proms though. I bet there are some pics in yearbooks at different schools of us onstage. We did not dress up either, it was the 60's.

SGB

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well, to get this thing back on track...

... I will be a good sport here and post one of mine. The year was 1985 and I ended up going to three different proms. I had a very busy social calender. Here I am in all my mid-eighties glory.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Amelie said:
I went to Paris and Arcachon (south of Bordeaux) I was living at some friend's house, so it made it a lot easier for the budget lol

Sounds lovely! How long were you there for?
*sigh* I wish I was done with my degree so I could go:( lol

MissHuff

A-List Customer
I always enjoyed formals and semi-formals because they always gave me a chance to dress up. Now I just dress up for the hell of it. Sorry they're not that old... but they will be old one day lol

this is from my jr. prom
normal_DSC06310.jpg

and this is my date Aragorn and I at my senior prom :D
ara.jpg

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Hem - Love the lavender and the shoes! 3 Proms is a lot for a guy, did you wear something different to each one? I went to 3 proms my senior year as well but it helped with the which dress should I buy dillema. I just got to buy all of them!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MissHuff said:
Hem - Love the lavender and the shoes! 3 Proms is a lot for a guy, did you wear something different to each one? I went to 3 proms my senior year as well but it helped with the which dress should I buy dillema. I just got to buy all of them!
Your photos are great!
Yes, the lavender bowtie and cummerbund set; you got to love it.
I know that to one of the proms I wore a maroon "Miami Vice" tuxedo that was marketed by Don Johnson, but I cannot find a photo. If I do, I'll be sure to post it.
The other one, I worse something similar to what is above.

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
Hey Hem,

Graduated around the same time. Still looking for the pictures, but let me paint a picture for you. My girlfriend picked my tux to match her dress. Mistake number one. Mistake number two was wearing a tux with mauve pants and jacket and a strange raspberrryish shade shirt. Kind of hoping I don't find the pictures....

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Bad memories, thanks

Gee, just bring back to supressed memories and rub them in my face why dont ya! I didn't go to senior prom, hmm, can't recall why, oh wait, 1) working hard for the dough I was working full time my senior and junior year, and 2) had just broke up with my boy friend and he went with a junior instead :rage:. Junior prom I just hung out with a bunch of friends watching horror movies, we were too cool for that and all that junk, ya know. I hung out with the goths and the freaks and all the other nonconforming conformist seniors when I was a junior.
I was SUPPOSED to go to homecoming when I was a senior seeing how I was nominated as Home Coming Queen but my freaking boyfriend was GROUNDED that morning!!!! How rude is that!!! His parents could have let him off restriction or delayed it by one freaking day for me, sheeesh!! So, I had no way to get there, I was very up set. I even tried getting this guy I worked with that I had a crush on to take me, very sad I know, but I was just a kid.

When I get a chance I'll find my senior pic and post.

woodyinnyc

One of the Regulars
come to think of it, I had great time at my senior prom, but even more fun than that, some friends and I threw ourselves a prom a few years ago. We all graduated in the mid to late 80's and were lamenting the fact that we never had the opportunity to get dressed like that anymore. So, we rented a hall, hired a band, had a photographer, the whole deal. We even had a theme and a king and queen. It was "Prom 1985, Almost Paradise". Ended up playing quarters. Like high school all over again!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
It wasn't that long ago for me. 1997.

Here's Pink Dahlia's pink dress. (What did you expect?) :D

l_22005c6b0068ef694565240fead71b61.jpg

l_47089f5a44a4d0aeb6191853a8818eb1.jpg

That's my date Mike. He wasn't my boyfriend but boy did I have the hots for him! And check out my pink Jack Purcell's. I still got those shoes.

l_45f4afd2515a710b07d6012f47ddcb28.jpg

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
woodyinnyc said:
come to think of it, I had great time at my senior prom, but even more fun than that, so friends and I threw ourselves a prom a few years ago. We all graduated in the mid to late 80's and were lamenting the fact that we never had the opportunity to get dressed like that anymore. So, we rented a hall hired a band, had a photographer the whole deal. We even had a theme and a king and queen. It was "Prom 1985, Almost Paradise". Ended up playing quarters. Like high school all over again!

That's brilliant! :eusa_clap

Class of '86 here, no prom for me.

Pink Dahlia said:

Pink you are all spit and vinegar, I love it, lol

dundeedavie

One of the Regulars
the UK don't have such a thing and that makes me very sad :(

always wanted the excuse to wear a tux with the bow tie that i could undo at the end of the night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy