Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are You Brave Enough to Share Your Prom Photos?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Come on everyone, dig your Prom Photos out, and the older the better.

Let's have some fun with this.

It would be great to see our members in their first formal outing.

I'll dig mine out when I get home. ;) :)

Amelie

A-List Customer
ok this picture of a picture is really bad but anyway so is my 'do, thanks to very hot and humid weather! lol

moibalwu7.png

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Jr, Senior, and even the year after I gratuated.

I have the best prom photos ever!! I will have to rescan them and share. :eusa_clap

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Never went, and I don't think we even had one: at the time, our urban school district was flat broke and it was 1973 - the countercultural movement at its most pervasive. A prom just seemed like a hopelessly backwards and unhip idea, even to relatively unhip types.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
May 1965. Though I was a sophomore, one of my friends' brother who was a senior asked me out because he was in-between girls lol and knew I was going back to Japan that summer, so he was kind enough to give me something to remember about. The program is in my scrap book, but I have no idea where the formal portrait we had taken is.:eusa_doh:
In lieu of that. We don't have proms here, unless one attends an international school, instead, we have a graduation testimonial party.
Jikei49Grad1W.jpg

1974, all the girls in my med school class.

Hondo

One Too Many
Doctor Strange said:
Never went, and I don't think we even had one: at the time, our urban school district was flat broke and it was 1973 - the countercultural movement at its most pervasive. A prom just seemed like a hopelessly backwards and unhip idea, even to relatively unhip types.

Come to think of it, we only had 4 girls in our whole school, so there wasn't a prom, other kids with $$$ got to go in other near by schools, and the rest? We just went out and partied ;)

Hondo

One Too Many
LaMedicine said:
May 1965. Though I was a sophomore, one of my friends' brother who was a senior asked me out because he was in-between girls lol and knew I was going back to Japan that summer, so he was kind enough to give me something to remember about. The program is in my scrap book, but I have no idea where the formal portrait we had taken is.:eusa_doh:
In lieu of that. We don't have proms here, unless one attends an international school, instead, we have a graduation testimonial party.
Jikei49Grad1W.jpg

LaMedicine, Thats a nice group picture, interesting, thanks for sharing :)

Amelie

A-List Customer
LaMedicine said:
Jikei49Grad1W.jpg

those kimono are gorgeous! I wish I was lucky enough to own one :)

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The photos so far are wonderful! Everyone looks great. :eusa_clap

Mine are embarassing. In one of mine, I am wearing the "Miami Vice" Tuxedo, no lie. I cannot wait to share.

Now, if you didn't go to the Prom, perhaps you went to some sort of other early formal event? A wedding? A Frank Sinatra concert? (It was formal in my neighborhood. ;) )

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Hemingway Jones said:
Now, if you didn't go to the Prom, perhaps you went to some sort of other early formal event? A wedding? A Frank Sinatra concert? (It was formal in my neighborhood. ;) )

At age 17, no. At age 18, I was in the Air Force by then. Being in the drum and bugle corps in basic training, I attended many formal gigs, none of them very festive, I'm afraid.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Doctor Strange said:
Never went, it was 1973 - the countercultural movement at its most pervasive. A prom just seemed like a hopelessly backwards and unhip idea
Same here. My group was too cool for school.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh heck yeah I have to find them! In one, my hair is a mess - I had it blown straight but it rained :( In the other I look...well, it's not the best picture but at least my date was cute.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Hondo said:
LaMedicine, Thats a nice group picture, interesting, thanks for sharing :)
Amelie said:
those kimono are gorgeous! I wish I was lucky enough to own one :)
Thank you.
One of the girls is wearing a kimono she designed and dyed herself. She has an aunt who designs and dyes kimonos as a hobby, and she made hers under her aunt's instructions. It's the girl squatting in the middle.
Here's her bridal pic, a couple of months after our graduation.
Her kimono was a gift from the aunt, designed and dyed by her. The pic does no justice, it was a truly gorgeous kimono, one of a kind.
74APrilHashimoto2C2W.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy