Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are You Brave Enough to Share Your Prom Photos?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I never went to any kind of a formal event until I was 40 years old -- if memory serves, I think I spent Prom Night at home watching the ball game on TV.

But waiting till I was 40 meant I got to hang out with a really high class crowd the first time I did go formal --

lizoscar2.jpg

S

Samsa

Lizzie, that's a great photo!

I am indeed brave enough, but I did not go to the prom. I believe I was sitting at home, hunched over a guitar.

Hondo

One Too Many
Hemingway Jones said:
Now, if you didn't go to the Prom, perhaps you went to some sort of other early formal event? A wedding? A Frank Sinatra concert? (It was formal in my neighborhood. ;) )

Oh heck no!!! Street clothes, a few brews in the park, remember those 8 track tapes? lol I take nothing away from those who went to proms, but in our woods, some didn't have money it was all a different era.

mikepara

Practically Family
Ah, Luckily prom night is a relatively new import concept over here. My daughter just had hers, Year book and all. Too many kids brought up on US TV proms, pumpkins...The brainwashed British kid's will be asking to celebrate thanksgiving and 4th July next.

I've a pic the night I first saw the Sex Pistols, Is that dressing formal?
101_0152.jpg

Amelie

A-List Customer
LaMedicine said:
Thank you.
One of the girls is wearing a kimono she designed and dyed herself. She has an aunt who designs and dyes kimonos as a hobby, and she made hers under her aunt's instructions. It's the girl squatting in the middle.
Here's her bridal pic, a couple of months after our graduation.
Her kimono was a gift from the aunt, designed and dyed by her. The pic does no justice, it was a truly gorgeous kimono, one of a kind.
74APrilHashimoto2C2W.jpg
it really is beyond me how this art is performed!
It's amazing!
(and I personnaly wouldn't dare to thoutch such high quality silk :eek:

LizzieMaine said:
I never went to any kind of a formal event until I was 40 years old -- if memory serves, I think I spent Prom Night at home watching the ball game on TV.

But waiting till I was 40 meant I got to hang out with a really high class crowd the first time I did go formal --

lizoscar2.jpg
Lizzie this is a great picture! I love it!

rockyj

One of the Regulars
Not on your life!!!!

However, Just picture a Giant nose with a pair of shoes sticking out from under it. Sorta like a "mister Potato Head".:eek:

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
As I recall I couldn't have cared less, and it wasn't apparently a big thing my grad. I stayed at home and relaxed, I didn't even go to my grad ceremony[huh]
Would I do things differently if I could? Nope:)
So sorry no pics[huh]

staggerwing

One of the Regulars
I was a hood, in the vernacular of the day (a little too late to be called a greeser). We didn't go to the prom. We hung around the parking lot drinking beer and rolling the rich kids when they came out!

CharlieH.

One Too Many
CanadaDoll said:
As I recall I couldn't have cared less, and it wasn't apparently a big thing my grad. I stayed at home and relaxed, I didn't even go to my grad ceremony[huh]

You and me both... that's why I only have mental images of a wonderful prom that never was.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Prom or grad just seemed overrated to me, as good excuse to spend money that I wanted to spend in Quebec on my summer school, I still think that was the better way to go:D

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
I was lucky, my senior class raised enough money that my cap and gown were paid for, it cost me nothing to attend Graduation. Does it usually cost a lot?

Amelie

A-List Customer
CanadaDoll said:
Prom or grad just seemed overrated to me, as good excuse to spend money that I wanted to spend in Quebec on my summer school, I still think that was the better way to go:D
I hope you enjoyed your trip! (which part of Quebec have you visited? I really need to visit some of the west parts of Canada myself)
fortunately my prom cost me in all about 200$ (made my dress, and got there with a bunch of friends in a yellow bus) so i've still been able to fly to France after that! (it was amazin :D)

Tomasso said:
You snitched on your classmates at the prom?
Paisley said:
Colonel Flagg, is that you?

No, I didn't actually spot anything--I think they were banking on the fact that I was known to spend a lot of time around their office*, discussing the trade, to use me as a "deterrent", a "stalking horse" if you will. (Come on, if you really want a bust, are you gonna use someone with known connections to you as your mole? I think NOT...)

*During lunch and other times outside of class hours.

And Ms. Paisley, I can't be Colonel Flagg--it'd mean giving up my stars! Besides, I was left to my own discretion about what to "call in", and I had made a decision that unless I saw something major (booze, drugs, some schmuck inflicting himself on an unwilling girl), I wasn't going to say a thing--lots of crap in the rulebook, much of it petty and trivial, thus not worth my time or effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy