Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are You Brave Enough to Share Your Prom Photos?

dostacos

Practically Family
ok I have just traveled through this entire thread. My mom has all my prom pictures, BUT I will get them and post them asap.

oh, and mine will really show a transition 1966-1969

when I went to school the girls could wear pants ONE day a year, and the boys got to wear shorts the same day. The girls had to kneel on the ground to make sure the dresses were not too short. By 1969 they allowed us long hair and even though we could not have beards, we did manage to get some seriously bushy sideburns. I went to the winter and spring formals, the Sadie Hawkins dances, Junior and Senior proms and Grad night.

At my school most of the kids did go to the dances. we also had sock hops in the Gym [the basketball coach hated the dances because we all wore hard soled shoes on HIS court hehehe]

As soon as I get them I will post at least a few of them, like maybe one a year you will see me as a shadow of my current self [much thinner, and NO gray hair]

My wife went to an all girls catholic school and a family friend Father BOB had to pimp for her [from the all boys school] and did not really enjoy high school or the dances:(

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sweet 18...when the world seemed mine!

The summer ball at college nearly 25-years-ago now with a Miss Hagan - spooky eh!;)

Doesn't time fly :eek: (just comparing the avatar with this old photo of a young man, there's a few more crows' feet and pounds of flesh on the 'auld' body now!).

collegeball002.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
:eek:fftopic: DiamondBack, I was probably the moron as I took him back several times thinking he'd change and treat me better! The last straw was that we were together 12 years and he never "knew me". He asked me one day what my hobbies were, now... I'm sure most of you could list them just from me hanging out here. He was blind.
Diamondback said:
Ms. Ohairas, one question: what kinda freakin' MORON was your ex to not do whatever necessary to win and keep your favor?
:

Thanks for the comments folks!

HappyFilm, nice date! ;)

Paddy, why is it men get even more handsome with age, and we just get... old?
Nikki

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Barbigirl said:

Oh, my Barbi--you look SO much like a girl I went to high school with (she was nice, by the way ;) ). That hairdo was what all the popular girls had too. My gigantic angora cowl necked sweater was light yellow--eek!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
slicedbread said:
Finally, the delicious cheesecake alongside the lovely corsage:

DSCF0486.jpg

Sorry guys, I'm completely spamming this thread but your pictures are all too good!

This is like the quintesential prom picture; wrist corsages--gotta have 'em.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
pigeon toe said:
and this was my lovely date (on the right):

Img_0188.jpg

She wore a knee length black sequined dress with totally gigantic rhinestone skull and crossbones earrings. She dropped out of high school at 15 and went to art school, so it was her first and only prom. We were the coolest people there, trust me.

So great Pigeon Toe--I have no doubt you were the coolest people there.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
PADDY said:
The summer ball at college nearly 25-years-ago now with a Miss Hagan - spooky eh!;)

Doesn't time fly :eek: (just comparing the avatar with this old photo of a young man, there's a few more crows' feet and pounds of flesh on the 'auld' body now!).

collegeball002.jpg

Aw, go on Paddy--you looked great then and now. Her dress is pitch perfect for the early 80's; she must have been a fashion plate.

I've got to dig out one of my senior pictures--I'll tie a string around my finger to remind me right now.

zaika

One Too Many
oh, prom! never went. i don't regret it either because i never really enjoyed school dances. i was too shy, and no one asked me to dance. so i just sat there with the other shy kids. awww!! lol i did go to homecoming, though. but i was in my anti-dress phase so i wore a pants suit with really high sneaker heels and i went with my friends, the Thai exchange students. lol lol they were so sweet and had a great time. me? not so much, as per usual.
however, these days i think i could stop being shy for a couple of hours to have a good time! :D

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Great photos. I think I still have a prom photo. I wore a 5 dollar velvet dress from the good will. It was kind os a 70's Gunnie Sax thin with a square neckline and empire waist. We took the original buttons off and put gold rose ones. Ihad a huge Medieval looking gold cross necklace also from the goodwill. I went to a visual and performing arts Highschool so no one thought this was strange at all.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
A crowd

imoldfashioned said:
Oh, my Barbi--you look SO much like a girl I went to high school with (she was nice, by the way ;) ). That hairdo was what all the popular girls had too. My gigantic angora cowl necked sweater was light yellow--eek!

That is so funny because I was so "not part of the in crowd" I was definately the Romy & Michelle sort.

Now, of course, we here are the popular crowd. ;)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Okay, I finally found my high school formal dinner photo--May 1985. Not overly clear and my awful shoes are barely visible but a nice momento of my first good quality vintage piece, a black 1940s cocktail dress. How could I have left the house with this hair?! As an aside, this was about the thinnest I've ever been in my life.

promblack.jpg

My horrible senior photos--1986--featuring the perm that would not die! The very best one seems to have disappeared--I'm sitting in front of a fake window with gauzy drapes and a painted backdrop--it's hideous.

I have no idea how I came up with this outfit but since I'm dressed like an adult version of Heidi I suspect my mother may have been involved. I still remember what a putz the photgrapher was but, in his defense, he did have a thankless job. I don't know why there are flecks on the first photo, sorry.

srpic2.jpg

srpic.jpg

And, as long as I have the scanner out, here's a shot from a few years later--my first day of college classes for the year 1990

registration.jpg

One of my favorite pictures of myself, circa 1995

coke.jpg

pixie

Familiar Face
PADDY said:

collegeball002.jpg

Paddy
Your avatar is hot IMHO!! Way better then the prom picture. :)

Caledonia

Practically Family
RockBottom said:
Mine was so long ago photography hadn't been invented. We paid 10 drachmas to have ourselves carved.

statue_couple_180h.jpg

I take it you obtained said drachmas by selling her prom dress? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy