Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Army & Navy Stores General Price List 1939-40

Phil_UK

New in Town
I bought a repro of the Army&Navy stores Ltd General Price List 1939-40 today and it is wonderful to look through. It is a fully illustrated catalogue covering everything you could possibly need, or want that was available in England in 1939. The list seems endless, with such things covered as Food, Clothing, Uniforms, Guns, Furniture, Garden, Kitchen goods, Electrical, Luggage, Medical supplies, Jewellery, Clocks, Hunting and Fishing including traps, Sporting, Toys and Games, Books, Scientific instruments, Agricultural equipment, Musical instruments, Carpets, Church furniture. Information on cruises and Steamer passage is included, with prices as well. When I can I'll scan some of the items and let you see them.

So far I've been able to locate a few things that I've owned in the catalogue, from a Rolls razor to a Royal typewriter. Its very handy to check up on items, not everything available at the time would be stocked, but most would. If you would like me to check up anything which you think might be in the list let me know and I'll check it for you. This is a great find and it was very reduced in price as well, should have been ?Ǭ£25 I got it for ?Ǭ£6, now that's what I call a saving. I'm off to read.

Regards Phil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR