Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Deco creations from the game BioShock

SteveDeco

New in Town
World War 2 could have been so much more stylish with my newly designed Art Deco fragmentation Grenades :)

(I've gone all "Art Deco" after playing Bioshock. )

K

kpreed

Welcome!

Enjoy your stay and thanks for a great Grenade.:eusa_clap

SteveDeco

New in Town
Just imagine Art Deco warfare...

The standard feelings of fear, dread and excitement would be mixed with one of decadence as you tossed this beautiful bomblet towards the enemy after briefly swirling your 5 star brandy to savour its aroma. Why surely even if you were on the receiving end, your death would be so much more meaningful with a nice chrome Art Deco motif embedded into your face rather than some dreary functional chunk of steel. :)

If you haven't played Bioshock I would recommend having a look. It's an amazing under sea city Art Deco vision.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
NEW YORK, Feb. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Legacy Recordings will release BioShock® 2, the digital album of music from the latest installment of 2K Games' award-winning video game franchise, on Tuesday, February 9.

BioShock 2 is the eagerly awaited sequel to BioShock, an enormously popular video game franchise that has won more than 50 Game of the Year Awards and shipped over three million units worldwide.

As in the first BioShock, music is a vital subtext of BioShock 2, playing a critical role in establishing the mood, movement and tone of the game. Incorporating jazz and pop classics from the 1930's, 40's and 50's, BioShock 2 introduces a whole new generation of 21st-century gamers to vintage sounds made new in the immersive environment of contemporary interactive entertainment. Just as the game's city of Rapture provides a post-modern dystopian setting for BioShock 2's high-tech video game noir, the music of Rapture is the soul of BioShock 2's evocative and mesmerizing world. For more information about the soundtrack, visit http://www.cultofrapture.com.

Songs embedded in the BioShock 2 environment and featured on the Legacy Digital album include:

STANDARD EDITION:
The Boogie Man - Todd Rollins & his Orchestra
How Much Is That Doggie In The Window? - Patti Page
20th Century Blues - Noel Coward
Nightmare - Artie Shaw & His New Music
Daddy, Won't You Please Come Home? - Annette Hanshaw
Praise The Lord and Pass The Ammunition - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Dawn of a New Day - Horace Heidt & His Music Knights
Night and Day - Billie Holiday & Her Orchestra
My Heart Belongs To Daddy - Eddie Duchin & His Orchestra
Chasing Shadows - Quintette of the Hot Club of France
Jitterbug Waltz - Fats Waller & His Rhythm
I Cover The Waterfront - Connie Boswell

DELUXE EDITION:
The Boogie Man - Todd Rollins & his Orchestra
How Much Is That Doggie In The Window? - Patti Page
20th Century Blues - Noel Coward
Nightmare - Artie Shaw & His New Music
Daddy, Won't You Please Come Home? - Annette Hanshaw
Praise The Lord and Pass The Ammunition - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Dawn of a New Day - Horace Heidt & His Music Knights
Night and Day - Billie Holiday & Her Orchestra
My Heart Belongs To Daddy - Eddie Duchin & His Orchestra
Chasing Shadows - Quintette of the Hot Club of France
Jitterbug Waltz - Fats Waller & His Rhythm
I Cover The Waterfront - Connie Boswell
Mental Strain At Dawn - Jack Purvis, trumpet solo, with rhythm accompaniment
Bei Mir Bist Du Schon - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra, with vocal by Martha Tilton
The Trouble With Me is You - Red McKenzie
The Skeleton In The Closet - Putney Dandridge
We Saw The Sea - Fred Astaire
La Mer - Django Reinhardt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24