Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

kaosharper1

One Too Many
GClark said:
I thought about that, but I think of it as a sort of hybrid, half Borsalino, half VS, so I made a new thread. If that is the right place, I'll put it there though.

Definitely put it in the Hall of Fame. His restoration work is also important.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
I have some REALLY unusual ones coming off the bench right now...WAY lots of ribbon work but I think worth it. I hope the clients will see fit to post them.

I`m looking forward to seeing these, Art!

Can I start with a little winter and summer pair of ribbon-work twins, if HungaryTom does not mind me stealing his photo for this...

Jan2010011-1.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

GClark

One of the Regulars
RBH said:
Now that is a nice hat!
Way better, Art you did good!!

What was the brim width before and what is it now?
From 2 3/4 to 2 1/4...

I'll copy my original post over to the Hall of fame -
Someone will have to clean up after me if they want this one deleted or moved though...
Thanks for the comments - the ribbon color was all Art - I would not have thought of it either, but I love it.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
St.Ignatz said:
Thanks Art. The lite must hold a crease about as well as a beret does 'cause the dress in Blue Smoke is sure supple. ;) Thinking Mojave Lite next if available
Tom D.

It is absolutely NUTS how the Lite behaves! :eek: Not great for the dead of winter, but otherwise.. wow. I had Art pre-shape mine, but in hindsight I think open crown would be the "bees knees."

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Not-Bogart13 said:
I had Art pre-shape mine, but in hindsight I think open crown would be the "bees knees."

That`s the sign of becoming a VS connoisseur! Usually happens on your fourth VS...;)

univibe88

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:
That`s the sign of becoming a VS connoisseur! Usually happens on your fourth VS...;)

You are so right! I have 3 that were all pre creased by Art. I have recently redone 2 of them and will surely ask for my 4th to be open.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
univibe88 said:
You are so right! I have 3 that were all pre creased by Art. I have recently redone 2 of them and will surely ask for my 4th to be open.
For my first Artwork I will ask for a diamond.:whistling Right now I have about 10 hats under repair so will take the easy out to start ;)

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've joined the elite at last

IMG_2453.jpg
Well gents, it's been a long time coming, but at long last I've joined all you dapper members of the Art Fawcett VS fedora club. I've patiently waited for years, admiring every example of superb workmanship that's appeared on these pages, hoping for the time when I too might ask the esteemed Gentleman to craft a hat for me.

Well, thanks to the recent strength of the Aussie dollar, and my lovely wife who genrously kicked in a third of the cost as an anniversary/Christmas present, I proudly present to you my very own Work of Art:

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

Art, I can't thank you enough for this superlative fedora! The felt is simply luxurious. The 2.5 inch brim is perfect, and the crown height, bashed, is 4.5 inches, just right for me. The silver mist is a fantastic colour, too!

I'm one VERY happy VS customer!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Benny said:

Absolutely great lookin' lid there, Benny.

I love the felt/binding/ribbon combo -- very, very nice. And, it looks super on your noggin' -- almost like it was made just for you...;)

Congrats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn