Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Benny Holiday said:
Well gents, it's been a long time coming, but at long last I've joined all you dapper members of the Art Fawcett VS fedora club. I've patiently waited for years, admiring every example of superb workmanship that's appeared on these pages, hoping for the time when I too might ask the esteemed Gentleman to craft a hat for me.

Well, thanks to the recent strength of the Aussie dollar, and my lovely wife who genrously kicked in a third of the cost as an anniversary/Christmas present, I proudly present to you my very own Work of Art:

Art, I can't thank you enough for this superlative fedora! The felt is simply luxurious. The 2.5 inch brim is perfect, and the crown height, bashed, is 4.5 inches, just right for me. The silver mist is a fantastic colour, too!

I'm one VERY happy VS customer!

Very nice. And a nice addition to the Hall of Fame. Congrats!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks gents! The quality of this hat is in a league of its own. Thanks to all you guys who've posted pics of your mighty fine VS lids and given me the inspiration to order my own at last!

And Indycop . . . that's a great avatar! :)

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
A fellow at work and I were talking about hats. I told him finding my size on the bay and at vintage/antique shops in general was a bit of a challenge being a 7 5/8 XLO. THIS guy has a mega melon size 9. He was very interested in the idea of having Art make a hat for him. Would the conformer fit! He told me he found a hat at an Amish shop near his home in Lancaster County PA. that was big even on his head. Turns out a few have taken to wearing bicycle or even motorcycle helmets while traveling in their buggy and using these over sized hand made straw hats to cover the "modern" protective gear.
Tom D.

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
Amazing hat Benny, my favourite VS I've seen by far!

So good I want to order one exactly like that for myself. One day... :rolleyes:

Benny Holiday

Guys, the silver mist really is an outstanding colour. I have fedoras in medium gray and browns and even a nice bluegrass green, but finding a hat made with a light gray felt here in Australia is very hard. I really appreciate your kind comments!

I have to add that Art, as so many of you have pointed out, is fantastic to deal with. He brings to the hatter's craft the kind of service you don't often see in this part of the world anymore, and his end product is all quality.

Daizawaguy, the bow is a standard form with a touch of Art's own signature work - a neat silver stripe in the middle. I'll snap a picture of it this afternoon and post it.

Feraud, if the hat resembles one of your Knox's, then both Art and I have, as the old knight says in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, "chosen wisely"!

Benny Holiday

The bow

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic