Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

anon`

One Too Many
Lloyd said:
Thank you
posted the PayPal payment on Feb 3.
And I'll order the next one as soon as I get this one lol
That is not my favourite answer ever received on this forum! I put in my order a full two weeks behind that :(

(But the CMP is running about two weeks ahead of schedule, so that'll help the sting a little!) :D

Scott Wood

Practically Family
anon` said:
That is not my favourite answer ever received on this forum! I put in my order a full two weeks behind that :(

(But the CMP is running about two weeks ahead of schedule, so that'll help the sting a little!) :D
I ordered Dec 30th. But Art was taking a break just then, I had to get the conformer and send it back and both the conformer and the hat itself were held at customs for days every which way :mad: So really, mine probably took about 5 weeks [huh]

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
SpeedRcrX said:
I'm pretty impatient now because Art just told me he sent my beaver one today and will ship my panama tomorrow!!!

Sir, and this is only your second post!???? I`m looking forward to the photos.

Nice hat Scott :eusa_clap

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:
Sir, and this is only your second post!???? I`m looking forward to the photos.

Don't worry I WILL post photos, you know it's your VS that make me want to have one, well two and perhaps many more when the bank account raise again :)

oh and by the way it's Miss ;)

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking good Scott Wood.:eusa_clap Art really makes it easy to be green, doesn't he.:p Have you named your hat Kermit yet?lol

Johnny

Sorry, with little kids the Muppet references come far to easy.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
johnnycanuck said:
Looking good Scott Wood.:eusa_clap Art really makes it easy to be green, doesn't he.:p Have you named your hat Kermit yet?lol

Johnny

Sorry, with little kids the Muppet references come far to easy.
What kids [huh] I am a huge fan of the muppets.lol
Thanks, I think that green, although a little uncommon, is overall my favourite colour. The next one (likely soon:eusa_doh: ) will be different from the norm as well ;)

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Copied from "Post New Hats Here" thread

A couple more shots of the new VS.
I am definitely looking over my collection much more critically and I will be tossing a few back into the bay.[huh]
Further to that I am also looking over swatches:eusa_doh:
100_0380.jpg

100_0381.jpg

Guess I'll have to get Art to make me his Whippet:D

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
SpeedRcrX said:
Don't worry I WILL post photos, you know it's your VS that make me want to have one, well two and perhaps many more when the bank account raise again :)

oh and by the way it's Miss ;)

My sincere apologies Madame! :eek: and welcome to this fine club of collectorsof VS hats. Something tells me you are leaning towards a stingy...I`d love to see your photos! Art`s artistic talents are sure spreading fast around the world :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Hereward

One of the Regulars
The link 'artofmanliness' had a comment with a useful bit of advice, namely buying hats in a store run by black people, who still more commonly sport hats and know what looks good. That is certainly true in England but I don't think there are such stores here as one finds in the USA.

Doublegun

Practically Family
It always amazes me how little justice photos do to Art's hats made of his dark moss felt. In person the color is MUCH deeper and richer than comes across in virtually every picture I have seen posted. I have had one for 6-7 months and it's pretty much my go-to hat. Works well with a brown leather jacket, my navy Burberry heavy wool top coat and my Burberry trench. The color is extremely versatile.

JDG

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Doublegun said:
It always amazes me how little justice photos do to Art's hats made of his dark moss felt. In person the color is MUCH deeper and richer than comes across in virtually every picture I have seen posted. I have had one for 6-7 months and it's pretty much my go-to hat. Works well with a brown leather jacket, my navy Burberry heavy wool top coat and my Burberry trench. The color is extremely versatile.

JDG
I am just starting to get the idea of that versatility for myself :)
As well, I would agree about the poor white/colour balance on the whole but, at least on my computer [huh], the colour shift on the photos came through well. I manually white balance indoors and the one snap I did outside was on a grey day with flash fill so that's about as flat as you can hope for :)
Daizawaguy really seems to amp up his colour saturation and I have been meaning to ask him what he does to get that so that I can play around with it some on the SLR lol

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Scott Wood said:
Daizawaguy really seems to amp up his colour saturation and I have been meaning to ask him what he does to get that so that I can play around with it some on the SLR lol

Opps, I have been caught! But I will say when I shoot the felts I leave it to Natural, like the one below.

Jan2010001-11.jpg

Different camera makers have it disguised in different places, but you are correct, on pics with background colors I use it too much probably. Dig into the menu and you should find it under custom, picture, color etc...

On true color comparisons, I`ll leave them Natural to give a true representation.:) Flashes destroy true colors though, outside of a professional studio, best to leave it off and shoot outdoors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou