Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Lloyd said:
Goodfellow style crown (more or less)
2 5/8 brim
amazing finish on the felt.

best color sample, but not very flattering for me
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/lloydwwinter/Hats/VSOxbloodApril2010portraitbestcolor.jpg

better portrait shot although I think I won't wear this with a purple shirt
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/lloydwwinter/Hats/VSOxbloodApril2010portraitbestportr.jpg

with VS Rust for some comparison
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/lloydwwinter/Hats/VSOxbloodApril2010oxbloodandrust11.jpg

side
VSOxbloodApril2010profile6.jpg

front
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t46/lloydwwinter/Hats/VSOxbloodApril2010front12.jpg

I am trembling with anticipation. That is such a beauty!!!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Paladin said:
Beautiful hat sir. The color is terrific, the styling is superb, and its a thin ribbon :)arated: ) to boot! Classic Art Fawcett!
Thanks Mr. P. I had to take the photo with the window closed or the 5mph breeze would have knocked the crease out of Arts light weight felt. Feels like a silk scarf.
Tom D.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
St.Ignatz said:
...I had to take the photo with the window closed or the 5mph breeze would have knocked the crease out of Arts light weight felt. Feels like a silk scarf. ...

Wow! I want to touch it.

jporgeck

Familiar Face
Wow

St.Ignatz said:
Thanks Mr. P. I had to take the photo with the window closed or the 5mph breeze would have knocked the crease out of Arts light weight felt. Feels like a silk scarf.
Tom D.

Holy cow!:eek: That sounds pretty fragile[huh] . Does the hat have any body or were you just grinnin' uslol ?

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
jporgeck said:
Holy cow!:eek: That sounds pretty fragile[huh] . Does the hat have any body or were you just grinnin' uslol ?

Maybe.

Nah It's got body but there was a pretty good breeze the other day and the brim fluttered even with the under welt. I wouldn't change a thing with it, it's extra comfortable.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Random giddiness:
My conformer reached Art on Friday. I guess I'm 'in line' for real now. This is exciting. Can't wait to join the 'club'

portolan

A-List Customer
Art called! Jeanne's first custom hat - the Anasazi

will be on its way to her tomorrow. She is gonna love it....Here was the first step....When I get home next weekend I will take pics of the finished product! Thanks Art, so much. Thanks also to whomever took and posted this pic!

monteagle_art_sizing.jpg

Doublegun

Practically Family
univibe88 said:
Don't think we've forgotten about you ;)

Nor have I forgotten about you all. Unfortunately life has been out of control for the past few days and tomorrow my wife and I head out on vacation so....

This much I'll tell you: it's granite in lightweight felt with a thin ribbon that shows a touch of deep green and binding around the brim in the same ribbon. As for recent posts about how soft the lightweight is, there is only one word that comes to mind: butter. Heck, I get almost as much enjoyment holding my hat as I do wearing it and I looooove the way it creases. :p

jporgeck

Familiar Face
I'm on the block!!!

Got a call today from Art who informed me that my hat is going on the block. Whew hoo. In a short time I'll be posting a hat pic here instead of just looking at everyone else's. Not that it's a bad thing because there are some fantastic hats posted on these pages. Just a tad excited.:D :D

Scott Wood

Practically Family
jporgeck said:
Got a call today from Art who informed me that my hat is going on the block. Whew hoo. In a short time I'll be posting a hat pic here instead of just looking at everyone else's. Not that it's a bad thing because there are some fantastic hats posted on these pages. Just a tad excited.:D :D
Just a tad :whistling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112