Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

chippy

New in Town
daizawaguy said:
HT, beautiful indeed, but we owe the final praise to Art!

Here are my double V`s - the VS with the Vass...

April2010003-1.jpg
lovely hat, although I think this particular style might not suit me the best, love to try it though!! however, i find the ribbon work and wind cord fascinating. How does the button stay up in that postion? i notice on many hats the button sits along the bottom, but just the other day, by co-incidence i was watching, i think it was "what a wonderful life" with James Stewart and the charachter playing the 'angel' that hadnt earn't his wings yet was wearing a hat, while they were in the bar i further noticed his wind cord button was half way up the bow/ribbon on a wide band, the cord on that account seemed to head straight down toward the brim and didnt seem to have another, second, end comming from the button....anyways i noticed that and wondered how they did that, now i see this button part way up (although it has a second cord heading to the back as well) the ribbon band i am curious as to what keeps the button in place there?

do tell please :)

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
There are two ways the windcords can be installed - make a search for windcords - but the more traditional is that the button is at the free end, and it detaches to slip into a button-hole on your jacket, shirt etc.

The other method, used here, is that the button is stitched to the hat, and the loop detaches to be used to be placed over a button on the shirt etc. to keep the hat from flying away in the wind.

portolan

A-List Customer
An Anasazi for a Lovely Lady

Here is the story of my wife's new VS Custom. While we were in Monteagle Art measured her head with the conformer....

monteagle_art_sizing.jpg

They then talked about what she wanted. She is so pleased with the hat. It is lighter (so it seems) than my VS. Extremely light and soft felt. She says she loves everything about it. Thanks Art for a great hat for a great lady. He calls this model the Anasazi. I can't wait to see his Hohokam, Mogollon, or Paquime models! Thanks Art, you are a true gentleman. We both thank you for a terrific hat. Now get me back in the queue for my next one! Phil

jeanne%20art2.jpg

jeanne%20art5.jpg

jeanne%20art3.jpg

jeanne%20art6.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
portolan said:
Here is the story of my wife's new VS Custom. While we were in Monteagle Art measured her head with the conformer....

I feel like I have just witnessed the crowning of the Queen.

Bravo! all the way around! :eusa_clap

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
New Art on my Head

I rushed a few shots in the yard Saturday on a cell phone. Its my first Work of Art and its loverly!

Felt: Camel
Binding: 9 ligne Khaki
Ribbon: 16 ligne Brown with neat camel colored ring.
Based on the Sportaire with 5 3/4" Crown and 2 5/8" brim

Its a split between a 7 3/8 and 7 1/2. I'm so used to hats that are a bit large and then padded in the headband that it felt "strange" at first to wear a hat that actually fit like it was supposed to fit. My Hat's On to Art!

Soft as butter it is. Now to save up money for another!

Art%202.jpg
Art%203.jpg

Art%204.jpg
Art%201.jpg

kaosharper1

One Too Many
marvelgoose said:
I rushed a few shots in the yard Saturday on a cell phone. Its my first Work of Art and its loverly!

Felt: Camel
Binding: 9 ligne Khaki
Ribbon: 16 ligne Brown with neat camel colored ring.
Based on the Sportaire with 5 3/4" Crown and 2 5/8" brim

Its a split between a 7 3/8 and 7 1/2. I'm so used to hats that are a bit large and then padded in the headband that it felt "strange" at first to wear a hat that actually fit like it was supposed to fit. My Hat's On to Art!

Soft as butter it is. Now to save up money for another!

Wonderful! I'd love to see the bow.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
A first on all counts...

My first braided hat, my first pork-pie, and definitely my first red polka-dot puggaree! Congratulations Art on a masterpiece!

April2010002-1.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
My first braided hat, my first pork-pie, and definitely my first red polka-dot puggaree! Congratulations Art on a masterpiece!

April2010002-1.jpg

I'm really mad at you now.:D That is a stunner. We need to see that as a noggin shot.:eusa_clap

CRH

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:

See, this is what happens when you let a couple of lunatics get together!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21