Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Lawman, Nov 10, 2006.

1. CRH

CRH Call Me a Cab

lol

:D

2. Aureliano

Aureliano I'll Lock Up

Does anyone know if Art's on vacation or away?
    I've been trying to get in touch with him for a little over a week and no luck. [huh] :(

3. Lloyd

Lloyd A-List Customer

I talked to him last week.....

4. Aureliano

Aureliano I'll Lock Up

We emailed the week before and the I tried calling him last Friday. Nothing. [huh] :( Hope all is ok on his end.

5. Lloyd

Lloyd A-List Customer

I know someone else who talked to him on Saturday so I think he's just busy

6. Aureliano

Aureliano I'll Lock Up

Could be as he had not yet returned my call. I'll try again later today.
    AAAArt! You around?:p lol lol

7. Art Fawcett

Art Fawcett Sponsoring Affiliate

Boy, get away from the cpu for a couple of days & look what happens!!:)

Aureliano, I'll be in touch later today. I finally found the ribbon I had in mind but now need to picture it.

D'guy, thanks for posting this.

I can answer some of the questions surrounding the braid hats by stating that I have ordered from Winchester an assortment of sizes & colors & brim widths but placed the exact specs and colors in their hands. I should be getting them soon and that's about all I can say in that regard. Well, other than the learning curve on these is going to be ummm, interesting. It took me quite a while on D'guys hat because I simply don't know the inside tricks in working with braid.

Also, in this vein, a number of years ago I collected rayon cloth from the '40s & '50s and sent it off to have pugarees made. Although the pugs came out great, 85% of the material was wasted because the machines were set up for less "stretchy" materials so what should have been 85 dozen pugs was closer to 10 dozen pugs, making them perhaps the most expensive pugarees known to man. Yup, I have almost $20 invested in each. I still have a few dozen left of various colors etc but every time I open the bin containing them I remember what a bitter experience it was and try to keep them for special hats. With this hat going to D'guy and being the beginning of the braiding era, I fealt it was the right hat.

Other colors..OK, I have received my next new color and have the first two "on the block" with one going to a client in Tn that doesn't post here and the second going to the one & only D'guy. The color is "Sunset" and as soon as I have a finished hat in a clients hands I'm sure it will be pictured. In the mean time, please envision "Camel" with lighter brown base and red overtones. Not quite peach but not quite camel. It's a color that Portis came out with in the early '50s and I was lucky enough to have found a new felt hood for many years ago. I actually made a hat out of it for AndyKev so Andy loaned the hat back to me for the purpose of duplicating. Thanks Buddy, it didn't come out exact in color but boy, what a great summer color!!!

As for more new colors? Black cherry is in the works & forest green also but, I have no ETA for their arrival.

8. Aureliano

Aureliano I'll Lock Up

9. fluteplayer07

fluteplayer07 One Too Many

So psyched for this! Especially can't wait to see the black cherry and forest green!

10. bolthead

bolthead My Mail is Forwarded Here

Me Too....

I sure hope they're in hand by the end of the summer.....so I can have a few more new options. Right now I'm leaning towards the Oxblood, but I'd really like to see the Black Cherry and the Forest Green. :rolleyes:

11. Bluesman61

Bluesman61 Familiar Face

Mr. Fawcett should have received the conformer back today. Now to decide the details. There are so many great hats in this thread that I don't know where to start. Granite looks promising, but Whiskey is good too, then there's Oxblood......I guess I'll just have to save up for a few more!!! Can't wait!

12. jporgeck

jporgeck Familiar Face

You gotta start somewhere so it may as well be the beginning

Bman, I'm feeling your pain. I just went through it. I told Art that I felt like a girl not being able to make up my mind. In the end the final product was/is fantastic. :)

13. Lloyd

Lloyd A-List Customer

Forrest Green? sign me up!

14. The Lark

The Lark One of the Regulars

I got an email from him last night replying to my inquiries.

Poor guy must be swamped.

15. Jabos

Jabos A-List Customer

Ha. This theme runs all through this thread. So many choices from Art, so little time. My wife will say, "Didn't you just get 'a hat'?". As if one is ever enough! My problem is that I can't let Art go free to design something unique for me because I can't get over "I want that one, and that one, etc."

16. St.Ignatz

St.Ignatz Call Me a Cab

I'm thinking Granite next. Labor all you want over YOUR VS you will not make a bad choice. First hat I recommend a versatile Gray of some sort or a brown something. You will not be disappointed. It only gives you a new set of parameters to labor over. Artlite is the limited edition now and it gives you spring and fall and really winter a the occasional coolish summer day. His hats are like jelly beans. You just want to try another and another. You will be over joyed when you receive it but never content. Order the dang hat and get on with the addiction.
    Tom D.

17. Viper Man

Viper Man Banned

Yes, I am in line for VS #4 and it doesn't get any easier. I have been waffling for weeks on the details. [huh]

18. univibe88

univibe88 One Too Many

Very well said!

19. SpeedRcrX

SpeedRcrX One Too Many

Ooooh I can't wait to see that Black Cherry! I'm really curious to see this felt!

20. Scott Wood

Scott Wood Practically Family

:arated: